Jabebot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Personally I question whether or not Lyte is telling the truth. They don't like us to know the normal ELO rank. Jabebot is now down. And so Lyte says "its not true, the cake is a lie".

Whatever it was reading, it clearly related to ELO in some way, as when you won, it went up. When you lost it went down. The relative ELO gain and loss was relative to your ELO and team averages. The hard to calculate aspects of duo/quad/etc could be explained as what gave disrepancies
I don't see how he could possibly be telling the truth. The correlation was pretty obvious.

Sauron

03-20-2012

I don't think Lyte was aware JabeBot was actually pulling numbers rather than calculating the ratings.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
Riot is going to make Jabe work on SR bull**** instead of Dominion and they'll put him under a gag order, RIP Dominion competitive scene.
If that's what happens, then screw LoL, I'd rather go back to SC2. Far more fun than SR.

ShawNuff

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I don't think Lyte was aware JabeBot was actually pulling numbers rather than calculating the ratings.
from the context of what he said it looked like Lyte was thinking about something like this

http://lolcave.com/ec/

rather than Jabebot which pulled Riot's numbers, rather than calculating them. And if that is what he was thinking about, then he is completely right, because raw win/loss doesn't give much information about elo because it is somewhat path dependent and whether or not you duo queued and how well matchmaker was working that day, etc.

Makestro

03-20-2012

Well my drive to play dominion went down a bit, maybe once ranked is added that will change.

Isysar

03-20-2012

I'm still keeping JabeBot on my friend's list in memory of him forever.

Also, is Jabe trolling? Has he really been hired? When was he interviewed? Is there a link for any more information on these subjects?

Phourc

03-20-2012

R.I.P. Dominion Elo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Thanks for the link - Wow, he's kind of an ass. Neato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
I have been hired. Now I just have to finish my Masters degree.
Congrats, man!

OR WAS RIOT BUYING YOUR SILENCE ABOUT OUR ELO?!!?! >_>

JasmineChen

03-20-2012

riot can take the time to nerf jabebot, but can't be bothered* to post to this forum?

Fail.

*excepting rickless of course, who needs some red posting buddies up in here >.>

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

03-20-2012

If jabe was hired should we start an @jabe thread in advance?

Tatsuma1337

03-20-2012

They better add rank soon I am sick of playing A class ******* who just TROLL!!!