Jabebot

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
It still works. Riot has just hidden Dominion Elo. You can still check win/loss ratios and games played. :/
people didn't check it for W/L tho. they checked for elo.

zionist shill

03-20-2012

It may have been done to reduce queue times

I still don't like the change that much though. Whatever.

Hugs From Momma

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
It may have been done to reduce queue timers.

I still don't like the change that much though. Whatever.
I would pretty much guarantee that this fix has been on the radar for a while, and just made it into this build.

If it's gone forever, that's both good and bad. It was good for spotting the wonky things that matchmaking does ("sweet - I'm teamed with a group 1100 elo below me!"), however it does get rid of the elitism that existed over what was (by Riot's description) flawed information.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
I would pretty much guarantee that this fix has been on the radar for a while, and just made it into this build.

If it's gone forever, that's both good and bad. It was good for spotting the wonky things that matchmaking does ("sweet - I'm teamed with a group 1100 elo below me!"), however it does get rid of the elitism that existed over what was (by Riot's description) flawed information.
Link to Riot explanation

Ikarurob

03-20-2012

HA!!! i knew it. I was complaining about elo decay....

Nyx87

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post

I agree with this assessment. It may also mean something is coming down the pipeline for Dominion.

Sauron

03-20-2012

JabeBot brought activity and competitive spirit to Dominion in the only form that a player-created tool could. It may not have been morally correct to do with normal games, but neither is Riot ignoring problems for 6 months.

Jabe, please tell me Riot did eventually call you back and that they're hiring you to implement ranked Dominion. I will be sad if all they did was interview you to see what you were doing just so they could patch it.

inFe eD

03-20-2012

Anyone know of any official explanation from Riot for why this happened? I'm trying to ask on the GD forums here, but that went over about as well as you'd expect any Dominion-related thread to in GD.

Ikarurob

03-20-2012

this is Riot were talking about, headed up by "I needz moar Killz and less skillz" Trolllello.

They just wanted to patch jabebot out of the equation.

FDru

03-20-2012

As if Riot is paying any attention to Dominion. Someone figured out how to do this for normal SR, so that's probably the reason it finally got shut down.

123456 ... 8