Rate This Guide

1 13 11.71%
2 7 6.31%
3 20 18.02%
4 23 20.72%
5 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Bich's Guide to Sivir "The Battle Mistress"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

12-12-2009

I just went 11/3/12 in a game as Sivir after trying out a build similar to this one. Guess that means it works.

Cyths

12-13-2009

I have a different approach that I highly recommend.

Start with Meki, 2 health pots, and Boomerang Blade.

I throw my Boomerang Blade at the enemy champs every chance I get and focus on last hitting to start (I tend to be a gold hog, so I shoot for solo mid so as not to starve my partners)

1. Boomerang Blade
2. Ricochet (do not turn it on yet)
3. Boomerang Blade
4. Ricochet (still, do not use it)
5. Boomerang Blade
6. Nope, not ult. I grab Ricochet again and turn it on now (should have chalice by now or you're doing it wrong)
7. Boomerang Blade
8. Ult

At that point it's Boomerang Blade > Ult > Ricochet > Spell Shield

The second you can afford chalice, go back and get it. This is a spam build.

Next items are Berzerker Greaves, then Stark's, then build a B.F. Sword into your DPS item of choice (varies depending on opponents and how hard you're owning).

This build requires a very aggressive playstyle or it's garbage. You should be able to keep your laning opponent either dead or constantly running back to fountain, hopefully starving a key carry. Boomerang Blade hits like a truck early game and you'll be spamming it constantly.

While some might say that I'm an idiot for ignoring Spell Shield (and I agree it is a VERY powerful ability) you shouldn't need it until you are forced to get it. Your lane opponents should be giving you a wide berth with that crazy blade shooting at them constantly. Also, I don't grab the ult right away because I find that generally you aren't bowling over towers yet at level 6 and would rather focus on farming.

Simple Tips for any Sivir build:
1. Position yourself to hit as many creeps as possible when slinging your blade at the enemy champs.

2. Throw your blade so that it hits at about max range. This makes for easier double hits as they have little/no time to react to the second hit.

3. Make sure your team doesn't get pissed for gold hogging and KS'ing as Sivir seems prone to do both.

4. Turn off ricochet when pushing a tower with enemy champions nearby

One of my best Sivir games using this build was 21/3/10, with 6 building kills and a relatively early win.

Epimyth

12-13-2009

This build is way out of date. If its still working for some people that's awesome. Boomerang blade is now much more useful for harassing than before (damage to mana wise) and therefor mana-regen is highly recommended. I think people are finding this useful for the play style and not the so much the build any more heh.

Klanky

12-13-2009

I found Sivir much more effective with the bloodthirster. More damage, less crits but definately more consistant damage. 2x if possible. Then a mallot. However if you die a lot bloodthirster is not the best bet. But since you will never have that much hp lifesteal helps a lot.

I find the Sivir is a wonderful person to solo lane with. Her shield = disables most annoying spells that a middler will use to push/kill (ashe is exception here). I found steel golem to be tough because his projectile is very fast, so hard to react. However don't forget that most single-target abilities get absorbed, like the boulder roll that Ramus does, ashe's ult, etc. Care when laning vs AOEers, i suggest switching asap because you will be crippled. When dual-laning use your shield to drain enemy ability cooldowns/mana by making yourself a shield for an ally for one ability.

I also find that getting the chalice after the berserker boots really helps keep me swinging all the time, and casting boomerang whenever possible. In large battles shield always goes up early and asap when available because you can't always time it (need mana for this).

Also good players take her out first to get rid of the auras, shes also very squishy. The bloodthirster definitely helps with hp regen.

A big disadvantage with Sivir is that if you get too much attack speed your mana will drain like mad. So your best bet is to do more damage per swing late game than swinging more. A chalice helps a lot keeping you casting forever though.

I've heard "sivir is bad in group fights" which is in fact the opposite of what she is. She has no disables soft or hard, no real utility, not the best DPS in the game (Yi, Jax, Trist, etc. do better), no escaping abilities (ult is 90 sec cooldown). However in a team: bouncy = LOTS more dps total + killing creeps so your creeps can add dps (boomerange is ultimate anti-creep), extra attack speed for allies from stark/ult if used, lifedrain, damage, spell absorbtion. So I can't stress it enough, if you are a sivir who solos most mid-late game, rethink your strats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bich View Post
This build is way out of date. If its still working for some people that's awesome. Boomerang blade is now much more useful for harassing than before (damage to mana wise) and therefor mana-regen is highly recommended. I think people are finding this useful for the play style and not the so much the build any more heh.

I find boomerange helps but is not enough damage do be really useful. Never is a tide-turner. This guide is definately a good start, if you can update it a bit would be nice

Pavlo

01-11-2010

Best sivir guide out there, although i don't like Glyph of furor as it is very weak, rather get Greater glyph of Clarity 12 mana @ 18, this makes your spells spammable and you won't need chalice as in all other guides, and the leveling is situational, if you are laning against another Siviry you need to level your richochet first, because she will push you if you chose boomerang or spell shield, for weak enemies like ashe or teemo, you want to level boomerang, and for spell caster "Annie" you want to level spell shield so they waste mana and have to return to base.

bsdawson11

01-18-2010

Does no one else think that 2 charms to start with 2 pots. Upgrade to manipulator for another aura for team play then to soul shroud for the needed hp is good?

I generally lean toward support over individual play...

2x charms +2 pots
boots+vamp sceptor or rejuv depending on how well i'm holding off other team (upgrade manipulator if u have extra G and your laning with someone else)
starks
BF sword to inifinity
aegis
phantom dance

SnoBall

01-21-2010

Bich since you said its out of date you going to update it ?

Tozze

12-02-2010

improved rally is useless since sivir dont need ap

MemoryLapse

12-02-2010

This is a glass cannon core. There are a lot of nonspecific pros and cons to playing a glass cannon.

I am not the type of person to say one style of play is strictly better than another, however I humbly submit this replay (with commentary) for your consideration. Try the load out in this replay (see guide for runes/masteries).

All I ask is that you please watch the whole thing before you thumbs up or down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNEtU5f0gRU

Slide

12-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozze View Post
improved rally is useless since sivir dont need ap
People REALLY need to check the date a thread was posted before posting in it. This thread was originally started over a year ago and was actually the thread that prompted me to popularize the old "God Tier Aura Sivir" build which eventually became a guide when Mogri added it all together.

This guide was AWFUL.

Its no better now.

Please look at the dates of the original post when your thinking of posting in a thread. There is absolutely nothing useful in this thread, it should have been left dead.

EDIT: Yeah, watch MemoryLapses video before taking any advice from this thread. Its outdated and wasnt good advice at the time either.