Rate This Guide

1 13 11.71%
2 7 6.31%
3 20 18.02%
4 23 20.72%
5 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Bich's Guide to Sivir "The Battle Mistress"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bich

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackled View Post
No. This build is just wrong. Spiral blade is an essential skill not only for harassing enemy opponents early game/catching runners, but it is also excellent for early farming with the blade hitting twice. You cannot use this spell, ricochet, and spell shield to play aggressively (well) unless you have a mana regen item, and you really dont need much. Talking about getting early kills with ricochet is a joke. Sivir is an extremely poor hero DPSer early game, unless you use spiral blade, and then she becomes decent. Getting a lifesteal item/stark's fervor one item early does not change that. I am thoroughly confident this build is just bad. You sacrifice a ton of power for almost nothing. For someone that has never played Sivir or is not experienced with her, this might seem ok/good and it may work well enough, but good players know better.
lol

Vi3waskew

11-20-2009

I was skeptical of this guide because I felt more comfortable with some more hp and some mana regen (locket - helped me and the team during pushes) . After using it...I'm a believer. I just had to get use to saving my cross toss for the kill shot. HP regen isnt an issue with the amount of damage you are putting out...especially in 1v1's due to ult/banner/exhaust. I destroyed a warwick that got the jump on me (he had 2 lvls on me as well). He was just as stunned as I was ;p. Great guide. Great starting point for anyone looking to customize their own Sivir.

JabBba

11-26-2009

I play atm with Chalice of Harmony, Boots of Swiftness and Frozen Mallet. The first spell I learn is Spiral blade. On the Hunt with Frozen Mallet is the best way to support your team with Sivir. Warmogs Armor was very funny but I think Stark's Fervor is a must have in lategame.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2009

i gave this post a 5. reason: even in top 100, i see sivir without damage items. i hope you guys can feel my rage.

i never use chalice but i do use meki pendant. it's usually enough to farm.

Adalonus

12-11-2009

Brilliant build! I find it hard to lose a game if I'm running this or someone else is. Although depending on the lineup I'm facing, I change the skill order a bit. If its just a melee/range type I'll just continue with ricochet and slow down the spell shield. Mainly because there isn't a spell to counter. But if there is a mage (Fiddlesticks: who's fear + leach life or fear + ulti really hurts) I go spell counter to make sure I don't get feared or nuked back to base all the time. Part of this build's real strength is never having to return to your lane until you make a large jump in items.

Honestly, this is one of the best guides to a hero I've read. Gives a great item progression, ACTUAL strategy rather than "just pwn", a new perspective on agi pots that most new playes don't consider, and you don't see in most guides.

10/10

Renphear

12-11-2009

Now i am a noob to the game but i love playing Sivir, but i have had a question about spiral blade.

can the hits after the first proc ??
It doesnt say in any of the guides or on the skill discription unlike ricochet ....

timf10001

12-11-2009

This is stupid... spiral blade is the best ability in the game. Everybody who's actually played sivir knows this. Its nearly impossible to avoid unlike richochet its like always up, unlike ricochet, and it does tons of damage to everything(thats directly in its path) unlike ricochet. I mean if you use richochet you like run up and spam auto-attack like a madman and you're outa mana ... I always forget to turn it off it wastes my mana. In fact I like most good sivir players dont know how to manage mana effectively. I cant stay in a lane becuase the enemy heroes keep attacking me and I can only hurt them every 9 seconds. IMHO starks is worthless, you're better off getting lichbane or mejais. They give you a buff instead of everyone on your team and you. Avoid a key element in nearly every core sivir build and get mana regen instead. Every 9 seconds for a few minutes you'll thank me for the warning. Oh dont forget to swap out rally for teleport. very important to leave the lane to refresh your mana. Far more important that you get mana than help your team.

Also every 9 seconds you can make them think twice about going for a last hit, unlike richochet you can only use that like... well you cant cuz it runs you outa mana cuz you cast spiral blade every 9 seconds and auto-attack like a madman. If I get mad money, who cares if the other team does too.

Aeth

12-11-2009

Good guide.

Sivir is my main, and I've thought a lot about how to play her. I used to find that my game progession/farming is about the same whether or not I get mana regen or not. It didn't take away from my income b/c the extra blades make up for the money.

Since the patch though, I get mana regen situationally. For example, if I'm soloing against Ashe, I don't bother because every Volley is giving me free mana which I then use to send a big ol' glaive into her face.

Whether or not I get support items depends entirely on my team and whether I'm in premade or solo, and how good the team is. Basically, if I'm in solo and the team sucks, I'm going straight dps so I can try to carry them. If this is the case, I usually rush a Madred's, then boots of mobility, then zeal/inf edge/finish dancer, a situational item (last whisper/frozen mallet/warmog's/bloodthirster), and another phantom dancer.

2 phantom dancers + passive + dodge runes + nimbleness mastery + mobility boots = lots of dodge lots of speed, which I think helps sivir a lot, and yet she has great dps this way

In a good solo team, or with a premade, I usually grab the stark's fervor after the boots, then grab a bf sword and then phantom dancer/aegis (order is situational) and then finish the edge, then go for a situational item. Less dps, but much more solid support.

Arthas Menethil

12-12-2009

This is a good guide.

Rarely do i need mana regen as Spell Shield provides all the mana I need. Nothing like swallowing Kassadin's spheres 9/10 times.

dripskydrip

12-12-2009

Great guide, Bich!

Aeth, I just tried your way and it carried me through few games in a row :O