Rate This Guide

1 13 11.71%
2 7 6.31%
3 20 18.02%
4 23 20.72%
5 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Bich's Guide to Sivir "The Battle Mistress"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PacificStar

10-30-2009

As an avid Sivir player, I really want to try this build . What holds me back is the fear that this build isn't as viable without a full rune and mastery set (i.e. below level 30, no runes in game yet). What do you all think?

I run a very similar build though I usually chase infinity edge before starks. I grab vampiric scepter then go for infinity edge then quickly finish out starks.

Any opinions?

Epimyth

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificStar View Post
As an avid Sivir player, I really want to try this build . What holds me back is the fear that this build isn't as viable without a full rune and mastery set (i.e. below level 30, no runes in game yet). What do you all think?

I run a very similar build though I usually chase infinity edge before starks. I grab vampiric scepter then go for infinity edge then quickly finish out starks.

Any opinions?
I wrote this guide after the reset so no runes were present at the time of testing. I only suggested these runes since I've used them on physically oriented characters before and they work great.

keftes

Recruiter

11-15-2009

Getting a chalice as a first item allows to harass insanely more than without any mana reg item.It's impossible to put out constant pressure without it.

JohnCataldo

11-15-2009

In the past I've played without Spiral Blade at all and been successful. But I've found I really like getting it first level and often not again for a long time. In the early levels, a single level of Spiral Blade can be just as efficient at 1-2 levels of Ricochet but lets you dominate the lane by harassing the enemy. I don't even like to turn on Ricochet until I have two levels in it (which requires level 3 no matter what), as I feel it's just wasting my mana for minor effect otherwise that could be saved for a higher level. This leaves me without Shield until level 4, but that's almost never been a problem. (Obviously, in individual games you can adjust if necessary for whatever enemies you face.)

A little Spiral Blade does a great deal for lane dominance and for making the enemy second guess what you are doing. You certainly don't need to spam it for it to be effective. You just need to hit 2-3 times early on to (1) get health dominance so the other guy(s) can't safely engage you and (2) keep them at a distance as they have to respect that you DO have Spiral Blade. Only rarely do I level up Spiral Blade again before level ~13.

The other thing about Chalice is simply that a little magic resistance helps quite a bit. This can depend on the enemy team makeup, but I find it's usually justified.

Epimyth

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
In the past I've played without Spiral Blade at all and been successful. But I've found I really like getting it first level and often not again for a long time. In the early levels, a single level of Spiral Blade can be just as efficient at 1-2 levels of Ricochet but lets you dominate the lane by harassing the enemy. I don't even like to turn on Ricochet until I have two levels in it (which requires level 3 no matter what), as I feel it's just wasting my mana for minor effect otherwise that could be saved for a higher level. This leaves me without Shield until level 4, but that's almost never been a problem. (Obviously, in individual games you can adjust if necessary for whatever enemies you face.)

A little Spiral Blade does a great deal for lane dominance and for making the enemy second guess what you are doing. You certainly don't need to spam it for it to be effective. You just need to hit 2-3 times early on to (1) get health dominance so the other guy(s) can't safely engage you and (2) keep them at a distance as they have to respect that you DO have Spiral Blade. Only rarely do I level up Spiral Blade again before level ~13.

The other thing about Chalice is simply that a little magic resistance helps quite a bit. This can depend on the enemy team makeup, but I find it's usually justified.
I understand why many people feel and play sivir this way. I don't feel its incorrect by any means, but this guide focuses on her physical side. My major argument against spiral blade is that even at level 5 it quickly becomes near useless around 15 to 20 minutes into the game. Going mana regen isn't really effective for her if you're just using ricochet and spell shield and therefor I personally don't spend 1k gold on an item that I find uneccessary for the build. In addition, I use spiral blade rank 1 in the early game to bait a kill but thats about it.

JohnCataldo

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bich View Post
In addition, I use spiral blade rank 1 in the early game to bait a kill but thats about it.
I was especially emphasizing WHY you do it, though. The point is not that it gets YOU money faster than Ricochet; it doesn't. It prevents the ENEMY from getting money, though, which is just as good. You might get a little less money even, so it may feel worse come late game, but it's a win if the enemy is getting even less money than you (often a lot less money, since you are still Sivir). You haven't mentioned this much in your guide, is all. A downside to the no-Spiral-Blade build is that the enemy is free to farm at early levels. (Which doesn't make it non-viable, just one consequence of that decision.)

As far as mana, I wasn't arguing, dude. I was just saying that if the enemy has a lot of magical damage you need to mentally increase the value of Chalice. Even if you have a set of items you REALLY like to buy each game, you should adjust to the enemy every single game. (Sometimes you can just go for the basics, sometimes you shouldn't.)

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2009

I grab +20 spell power start of game and go nuts with spiral blade. Farms fantastically and keeps enemies away. I work my spell power up throughout the game and spiral blade does some excellent damage. I love using it to attack enemies and rake through enemies all at once. Yes, it costs a lot of mana, but I always end up with enough. Her regen is decent enough to get one off often enough early game.

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2009

go go Sivir! see you guys in-game when i play here.

-Beezil

DerpDerp

11-19-2009

just tried it and works nice. after i got starks and boots i was farming like mad. Ended up w/ like 20 kills and 3 infinity edges haha.

rackled

11-20-2009

No. This build is just wrong. Spiral blade is an essential skill not only for harassing enemy opponents early game/catching runners, but it is also excellent for early farming with the blade hitting twice. You cannot use this spell, ricochet, and spell shield to play aggressively (well) unless you have a mana regen item, and you really dont need much. Talking about getting early kills with ricochet is a joke. Sivir is an extremely poor hero DPSer early game, unless you use spiral blade, and then she becomes decent. Getting a lifesteal item/stark's fervor one item early does not change that. I am thoroughly confident this build is just bad. You sacrifice a ton of power for almost nothing. For someone that has never played Sivir or is not experienced with her, this might seem ok/good and it may work well enough, but good players know better.