where the heck are the bad guys?

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadooklaw

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulllight View Post
Bah. I fully believe the world is more black and white then we give it credit for, but that's a philosophy debate for another time.

In the LoL lore, many of these characers are simply what they are. Evil Killers. I guess as long as no one starts playing Shaco as some misunderstood good guy or Cho'Gath as a cute little kitten I'll be ok...for now.
lol! chogath + whimsy?

Nulllight

03-21-2012

I haven't played against the new champ as Cho yet. But Whimsy is a spell designed to harm the character it is cast upon. Besides, when whimsy wears off, i would imagine cho would do his best to feast on the remains of the mage that cast it on it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-21-2012

People feel the need to side with the 'edgy' group, it seems. That, and people severely overanalyze a very simple story. One side is shiny, sunny, populated by honorable and good champions, while the other, suffice to say, is built inside a giant skull. One side always has lore written about how they rescued these people or fought against those evil people, while the other frequently has terminology like "horrors" and "evil" used to describe who they are and what they do. Some even try to offer examples like "WELL LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO LUX", even though it was specifically her parents that did that to her, and the soldiers even asked her parents repeatedly "are you sure? this isn't necessary. we don't have to do this".

Noxus has a few good ideologies, but the simple fact is that they are run by murderous psychopaths. It always absolutely astounds me how people can actually try to justify some of the things that they do, citing the sins of our own pasts or perhaps going off about philosophy and the like. Severe overanalyzation.

To all you people who try to claim Noxus is 'good' and Demacia is 'evil'. I respect your right to find some champions cool, I totally understand how many of Noxus's basic ideals are good on paper, and because of those two things, I can understand why you want to prefer them over another. But have enough maturity to realize that your favorite character is the villain of the story. This story is not a complicated one. Please stop trying to make it one, when any lore that Riot still cares to produce labels Noxus as evil and Demacia as good.

And for the record? I DO prefer a more complicated story. I would love a piece of lore in which... I dunno, Katarina rescues some Demacian and Ionian citizens from some Noxian thugs and then gives them a few gold coins in the name of Noxus. But nothing like that has ever happened, and there's a reason for that. Riot did not intend for the story to be anywhere near that complex. Please just accept that.

Ask Talon

03-21-2012

No Good.

No Evil.

Only Grey

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
No Good.

No Evil.

Only Grey
Coming from a man who dresses almost exclusively in various shades of grey, this isn't a big endorsement. However, I agree with his sentiment. There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil. Though I must say: Karma is the lightest shade of grey out there, while Cho'Gath is among the darkest.

Dracorya

03-21-2012

Welcome to a realistic world where the lines of good and evil are not black/white clear cut.

Ask Galio

03-21-2012

Light creates shadow, and in even in darkness there is a light. Good and evil are intertwined, and there's nothing anyone can do to try and separate that. One simply can't exist without the other.

Then, on the other hand, if both of them ceased to exist... then the world would be... I prefer not to think about that.

mn

03-21-2012

the problem with introducing an evil character here, is that, not only would he have to be powerful enough to take on multiple champions, he's also have to be powerful enough to take on the league itself.

if he wasn't, he'd just be sitting in a cell yelling threats at people. boring.

Ask Galio

03-21-2012

((Maybe Riot can add Ganondorf firing Hadouken at homeless people.))

mn

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
Maybe Riot can add Ganondorf firing Hadouken at homeless people.
we already have a cannondwarf.

her name is Tristiana.

1234567 ... 12