where the heck are the bad guys?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cryophoenix

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Anon View Post
Well he's technically what we'd call "Blue and Orange Morality" (borrowing off of TV Tropes). We don't know where he's from and therefore cannot judge what exactly he is moral-wise because we have no absolutes to compare him to. For example, what many Daimyo did during the Warring States Period of Shoguns would be considered absolutely horrible by modern standards (they forced enemy generals to commit seppuku or risk dishonoring their clans, often burned and looted towns which they claimed to be liberating in the name of their Daimyo, and often oppressed the lower classes to ensure compliance with the Japanese feudal system). Were they evil? By the standards of the time, they were not - quite the opposite, many were considered honorable and trustworthy under their system of judgement.

But I digress. Back onto Shaco. He may be crazy, but unless we get someone else from his land, we can't really determine if he is good or evil. Perhaps by our standards, he is evil, but who knows? Perhaps there are billions like him in another time or place, perhaps he is on the lighter shade of grey and there are people far more sinister than him lurking beyond the veil.
Very true, we are not sure if he's really even human and personally I don't think he is myself. However, in the scope of his setting, meaning Valorian and the League of Legends itself, he is certainly pure evil compared to even the most villainous of other champions. We may not be able to determine if he's human or not, but we can compare him to the setting of his known environment.

Until our suspicions are confirmed that he is indeed from another world, he should be compared to those around him.

I.E. In the scope of Runeterra, he's pure evil. >.>

mn

03-23-2012

... what about Teemo? he's pure evil.

The Cryophoenix

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn View Post
... what about Teemo? he's pure evil.
I blame the Scout's Code.

KiteMeGood

03-25-2012

League plays out like Magic The Gathering in terms of colours and their respective beliefs. Demacia is Blue/White Mana, Freljord is Green Mana (Despite the frost motif of all of their champions), Noxus is Black Mana and Bandle is White/Red Mana.

The institute of War and Shurima Black and Blue however since most of the champions imprisoned are effectively insane/dangerous spellcasters, or in Shurima's case. Much tragedy was suffered for such powers.

Ask Talon

03-25-2012

Noxus would be Black / White. They still value order.

Edit: Red too.

Ask Galio

03-25-2012

Piltover is Blue/White, Zaun Blue/Black, Demacia just White. Freljord uses snow land? Still would be Green. The Rakkor should be Red with the Solari Red/White. Kumungu Jungle would be Green/Black. Shadow Isles would be just Black, and Kalamandra colorless Artifact.

White=Order and Peace
Blue=Knowledge and Technology
Black=Decay and Death
Green=Life and Nature
Red=War and Destruction