Are people in your games actually playing lulu as support?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jebroni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The jungling line was a joke. She can jungle, but I didn't spend a lot of time going over it since there's nothing really atypical about her jungle route/build.
Please. I'm having all of these jungling lulu clowns feeding left and right in my games because of this "joke". Next time try to make it very obvious that it's a joke because people in my games are ruining 9 other people's times because they thought you were serious :|

limbrok

03-21-2012

I have played her as AD Carry, AP Mid, and support. AP Mid is fun, but not very viable. She has good burst, but any decent player who loses the first few exchanges at low levels will just b, come back and then start coming out ahead as Lulu's damage falls off without proper items.

AD Carry was for fun, to test synergy between her passive and attack speed. It was actually not too bad. I had a Nunu support for extra awesome attack speed boost. Early game, obviously it sucks, but she did decent damage late game, as any AD would be expected.

Support is really just one of her best roles in my opinion. She doesn't do anything "excellent", but does a lot of things well which is why she fits well here. Also, as opposed to building purely damage in the other builds, you are giving up a lot of team utility via shields or vision granting for chasing through jungles. As a support, all of these tools are available to you whereas in damage you feel the need to focus solely on damage and less on supporting your own team.

Starrfall

03-21-2012

support all the way

LoneWulfenstein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

I play her AP but still support in teamfights. She is a support but can be a mage too....a mage/support i should say. In my opinion and its only my opinion she needs AP to be able to support at her fullest.

Q is supporty but becomes more of a "Nunu iceball" does damage and slows massively.
W is just support skill in general.
E with AP is a great shield and does decent damage. Plus the vision granted is always nice if there is someone on your team with a long range ulti (other than karthus)
R is awesome with AP and something I just realized when playing last night is the HP you get from the ulti is kept...so its a HP steroid/AOE slow and heals whoever you use it on if they dont get damaged for more than the HP bonus is.

Daedelous

03-21-2012

I tried using her as support but the last time I did..it turns out the Nunu with Ignite/Flash was support, so AP midded her on a crutch against Ahri, didn't work out badly at all.

However, a certain someone *coughguardsmanbobcough* has been encouraging ANYTHING BUT.

limbrok

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebroni View Post
Please. I'm having all of these jungling lulu clowns feeding left and right in my games because of this "joke". Next time try to make it very obvious that it's a joke because people in my games are ruining 9 other people's times because they thought you were serious :|
Are they normal games? I dont' think they're "ruining" the game for 9 others because they are experimenting in a normal game. That's partially what normal games are for. If you are upset at this, don't log on the first week during a new patch/champion release. Normal games are a good way to test out builds and whatnot in a non-competitive scene, whether that be jungle Lulu or whatever unorthodox build you can concoct.

When I get flamed for trying out AP Mid Lulu because people who don't even own her and just watch the stupid spotlight say she's a support, that is where I get aggrevated. Too many people pigeonhole champions into certain roles when they can perform, sometimes even adequately, in other positions. Stop being so narrow-minded.

Painguin PaRn

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Badger View Post
Hey, it's not Phreak's fault. He plays everyone as a Jungler. It's like it's hardwired into his brain somewhere. See also: the phrase "Tons of Damage" and it's variants.
This is pretty close to the truth, imo. lol, hell, when Cassiopeia came out before the jungle rework, Phreak tried to play her as a jungler. It was pretty entertaining to watch.

Okami Amaterasu

03-21-2012

played only one game as lulu
obviously support bot
with a koggles
that koggles was saved several times and his hp was barely touched since he was always shielded lol

Gotteskomplex

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Would you prefer the Soraka Champion Spotlight?

Welcome to the League of Legends Champion Spotlight featuring Soraka, the Starchild.

Here I cast Astral Blessing because my teammate lost some health.

Thanks for watching the Soraka Champion Spotlight. Please subscribe...

Lulu is an aggressive support. I used my abilities on my teammates and enemies to enable kills. It's like how Taric, Alistar, or Leona function in those roles. I cast abilities on enemies and Miss Fortune got fed. I think she was 7/0 at one point?

The jungling line was a joke. She can jungle, but I didn't spend a lot of time going over it since there's nothing really atypical about her jungle route/build.
Uh...it extends far beyond that Phreak. I thought you were "good", you don't even know how to harass with soraka? Sure its not as intricate as denying CS with taric, but you can deny the enemy carry heals and that starcall dps is legit in how much damage it does in comparison to other 2v2 bot lanes. So in short, you're an idiot phreak. Thanks.

KaXaSA

03-21-2012

support or solo top.