Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are people in your games actually playing lulu as support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gribblez

03-21-2012

Quote:
Cathir:
I don't know why you think playing support is boring at all. Sure, if you play support like a heal bot, it's boring as hell. If you play some supports how they're supposed to (aggressively) then it's fairly fun.

Don't know why people think that supports are only for Auras, healing and wards. Supports can do other things as well.

Exactly man. Theres a certain player I have played against a few times now that is VERY good with janna. She will harass the living hell out of you. Lulu is the same way. The point isnt to do a **** ton of damage to the player, its to harass them, buff yer teammate, and make them overextend and make a mistake.

Raja Naga

03-21-2012

Love hearing about all the people playing her bot and stealing CS from the champions that actual scale from items. I'd also like to hear the stories about how, come late game, the enemy team's ranged ad was a core item ahead of their team's, and thus the enemy team crushed them. 4 gold streams is more efficient than 5 unless you can effectively run a kill lane bottom lane. Lulu doesn't appear to create kill lanes, so basically all she does is replace an actual AP mid or weaken her team's carry by stealing farm: hooray for people that refuse to support properly playing "support champs".

xGlaive

03-21-2012

Both games I've played with a Lulu bot, she has stolen CS from the carry and crippled bot lane. Last game our Lulu itemized: Doran's, Move 1 boots, WotA, Rabs.

FortunateWhisp

03-21-2012

People don't play Lulu as a support? That surprises me for some reason...

When I play Lulu, I play her aggressively. I'll use my skills to make my enemies turn into animals/reveal them with Pix, and occasionally buff my allies (not including ulti-- I spam that on people). when I think they need it. Sometimes I grab a kill (mostly because I forget about her awesome passive) but other times, my score is completely assists.

Since I'm new to supporting, I tend to ask my teammates if I'm doing well in my role and they mostly say yes.

The thing with supporting I find, is that you can't really do anything if your team completely sucks and doesn't know how to take advantage of the buffs.

Violent Vioarr

03-21-2012

Quote:
Phreak:
Would you prefer the Soraka Champion Spotlight?

Welcome to the League of Legends Champion Spotlight featuring Soraka, the Starchild.

Here I cast Astral Blessing because my teammate lost some health.

Thanks for watching the Soraka Champion Spotlight. Please subscribe...

Lulu is an aggressive support. I used my abilities on my teammates and enemies to enable kills. It's like how Taric, Alistar, or Leona function in those roles. I cast abilities on enemies and Miss Fortune got fed. I think she was 7/0 at one point?

The jungling line was a joke. She can jungle, but I didn't spend a lot of time going over it since there's nothing really atypical about her jungle route/build.

I enjoyed the jungling bit but if you're gonna go out of your way to troll us you should have built a triforce on her.

TheBronzeLegend

03-21-2012

3/10 games that i played, Lulu actually supported. 7/10 went ap mid, and failed, to say the least

Arcaness

03-21-2012

I play Lulu as a support. Just happens I am able to kill a lot with her as well.

Tomrastus

03-21-2012

I really like her as a support shes got tons of disable. What do you guys use as skill order though?

Brigaldio

03-21-2012

The lulus I've seen have supported, but it was pretty obvious that they were the kind of people that usually go out of their way to avoid playing support. Needless to say, they got crushed.

AR Manimal

03-21-2012

Quote:
Raja Naga:
Love hearing about all the people playing her bot and stealing CS from the champions that actual scale from items. I'd also like to hear the stories about how, come late game, the enemy team's ranged ad was a core item ahead of their team's, and thus the enemy team crushed them. 4 gold streams is more efficient than 5 unless you can effectively run a kill lane bottom lane. Lulu doesn't appear to create kill lanes, so basically all she does is replace an actual AP mid or weaken her team's carry by stealing farm: hooray for people that refuse to support properly playing "support champs".

I've had an Alistar who kept stealing cs. I asked him to stop. He said "I'm doing this because you aren't pushing the lane, idiot."

/Facedesk