GG'ing for your opponent.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon MegaZord

09-26-2012

My opinion is that GG'ing before your losing opponent GG's is incredibly rude. Thoughts?

Vertical

09-26-2012

How much before are talking about?

Dragon MegaZord

09-26-2012

Anytime before you're opponent. It probably comes from the fact that i play SC2 as well, but i have always found that rude. Just an opinion.

Talonted Blade

09-26-2012

Thoughts?
You are hypersensitive.

Dragon MegaZord

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
Thoughts?
You are hypersensitive.

You are right on that.

Dragonzord86

09-26-2012

it is rude, and thats why people do it. Coz it sthe internet and they can get away with being ******s.

Support Shaco

09-26-2012

it is rude, but good luck explaining that to all the people on this forum who have apparently never played an RTS before.

the loser says gg first. it's that simple. you won the game, of course it was a good game for you.

DCJoker

09-26-2012

i find it rude to say GG first, rather, i wait for my opponent to say it and if they dont i just dont reply

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

I say GG when the nexus is about to explode, or right after the surrender vote goes through. I don't wait for anyone else to say it, and I'm never doing it to be rude. If someone takes it as rude that isn't something I can control, so I'm not gonna worry about that.

Edited to add: The people who drop a 'GG...' at first blood and then don't shut the hell up for the rest of the game really get on my nerves.

Talonted Blade

09-26-2012

Okay so people here seem to think it's rude to say "gg" first when winning.

That makes zero sense, you are clearly assuming context from your opponent.
It means good game, nothing more nothing less. Any other meaning needs to be prescribed to it, and you are clearly assuming it is rude. I physically type out "good games guys" every time when I am on the winning side. Does that make it less rude? No it doesn't. Is it perceived as being less rude? I think so, but it shouldn't be.

12345 ... 8