Dominion Lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fledrel

03-23-2012

after a few games with a good full support Lulu I can say most of the fights we were in we only won because of Lulu. Now, that is to say we might have won much easier if we had a carry instead of her, but we could have just as easily lost without her support.

Drubie

03-23-2012

I play Lulu AP attack speed + a bit of on hit and cool down.
marks are ap/magic pen
Build is
Boots of speed
Sheen
Sorcerer's Shoes
Malady
Nashor's tooth
Lich Bane
work well finish top 3 with double digit kills double digit assists single digit deaths.

Commander Yordle

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubie View Post
I play Lulu AP attack speed + a bit of on hit and cool down.
marks are ap/magic pen
Build is
Boots of speed
Sheen
Sorcerer's Shoes
Malady
Nashor's tooth
Lich Bane
work well finish top 3 with double digit kills double digit assists single digit deaths.
Or you could play an actual mage / carry and do better since Lulu has subpar ratios.

Rebonack

03-23-2012

The more I fiddle with her the more I suspect something like Merc's/Heart/Zeek's/Wit's/Aegis/Malady is the way to go.

You support your team with three auras, Malady grants MR reduction to help your team further, and Wit's adds a little extra durability and damage.

Ikruti

03-23-2012

I did Mercs/FH/Aegis/Wit's/Malady/Nashor's last night. It wasn't bad but the damage felt pretty middle ground. The supporting was still pretty powerful though.

Drubie

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
Or you could play an actual mage / carry and do better since Lulu has subpar ratios.
No because between the range cc shields and ult it makes it very hard for those AD monsters to wreak you like they do those same AP casters/carry that everyone is begging to be helped buffed with items

Try it

majority of the damage comes at the on hit/attack speed + lulu passive

the Ap part is just an added bonus

NinNinNin

03-25-2012

It's disturbing how they saw fit to give her AP ratios that low, there's really no good reason for it. I bet the reason is the same as Leona's "we wanted her itemization path to not confuse people and make it clear that she's a tank." That was the reasoning they gave for Leona's abysmal ratios. That's a trend of theirs that needs to die. It isn't even an option, her ratios are lower than Leona's!
What if amumu and zilean had their ratios lowered to a third of what they are?
It's not like giving her AP ratios would all of a sudden make her some sort of carry, her skill set would still force her into playing a support role. You don't see AP Janna's blasting people down do you? You don't even see AP Jannas outside of dominion cause its sub optimal to dedicate the teams gold to her, even with her great ratios.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubie View Post
No because between the range cc shields and ult it makes it very hard for those AD monsters to wreak you like they do those same AP casters/carry that everyone is begging to be helped buffed with items

Try it

majority of the damage comes at the on hit/attack speed + lulu passive

the Ap part is just an added bonus
I hate you and everyone like you, these On hit/Atk Spd Lulu's are actually pretty flippin OP since they hit relatively hard and are a pain to catch/hit

Rebonack

03-25-2012

After some more experimentation I think I've settled on a build.

Dagger/boots/Ruby start. With pots as well of course.

Build Lucidity ASAP and then complete Zeek's. With 9/21/0 this maxes your CDR in a hurry allowing you to more smoothly support your team. Follow up with either Black Cleaver or Malady depending on the damage focus of your team. Build the other after the first is done. Then Bloodrazor and finally Phage.

Phage can be upgraded into either Trinity or Mallet at your preference. But there isn't a very good chance that you'll complete the thing before the game ends.

Basically you support your team with your low CD spells, Zeek's aura, and the resistance shred that Malady and Cleaver provide. You aren't there to be the main source of DPS (though you still offer a fair bit). Rather you're there to amplify the DPS of your team and BUNNY! any assassins who try to jump on your squishy team members.

I've had pretty solid success with it. And Lulu is tons of fun to boot. It honestly feels a lot like playing Venge back in Dota.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

i found that if i have a hexteck sweper and give pix to my ally, the aweeper will reveal whomever my ally is attacking with Pix's damage alone :O