Dominion Lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

03-20-2012

I'm actually really enjoying her. She has a spell for almost every situation, is suprisingly hardy, and can be deceptively dangerous.

First let's just get it out of the way. Wimsy is the biggest ****-block in the game. What are you telling me? You're Jax? You're Poppy? You're the biggest baddest thing walking the Crystal Scar? Nope, you are a squirrel. I can't tell how many times I have ruined the local bad-ass' day with this spell. And a lot of those characters rely on that gap-closer>damage combo to get their work done. If they instead get gap-closer>squirrel>down to half-life, they just don't have what it takes to finish the job.

And as I said she is deceptively tanky.

I run offensive masteries down to the CDR master, and then tanky masteries down to the CDR mastery. My runes are flat CDR blues, Mpen reds, flat armor yellow's and Move speed Quints.

I start the game with a Prospectors ring, boots and a couple of health pots. Move into a Sweeper, and finish my boots, Aegis and then I've been going Malady, but I'm not really sure what I want after Aegis yet.

I'm not anyone good, so maybe that's why she was working for me today. But I think she has a lot of tools to offer. And giving pix to the right friend, as well as squirrling at the right time can offer some pretty impressive results.

Wongy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Guys watch out for a player named Aronx Tal, he builds Lulu like a DPS then says "Oh i'm the best support"

Zeke's Herald, Wits End, Frozen Heart, Merc Boots

WATCH OUT FOR THIS LULU TROLL

IIxeenoxII

03-20-2012

shes great!, I love casting my E on enemy champs, effectively increasing the range on her Q. Her E is good for kill stealing as well. (if you're into that sort of thing) Nothing better than an ultd squirrel tryndamere dead in 2 secs. Someone said she need MS, CDR, HP but shurelyas(sp?) covers all of those concerns. I haven't played many matches with her yet but IMO she seems very balanced.

TheLittlestLulu

03-20-2012

Lulu is a pretty strong support.

Right at level 1 her W gives a 35% speed boost for 5 seconds and her Q slows for 80%.

Also she can extend her Q to her allies (or enemies) using her E.

And of course her ult is basically an instant heal that can't be reduced from ignite and turns whoever you hit it with into a slowing machine.

T3kn0man

03-20-2012

Build her as an Aura Support with maybe a touch of AP if you feel the need and pair her up with an assassin/bruiser (Wukong, Talon, Akali ect.) and watch the pain....

Ikruti

03-21-2012

Admittedly this is at low Elo but I did well with a mostly support Lulu.

Runes: AS, Ar, CDR, MS
Masteries: 0/9/21

Build: Prospectors, Boots, Pots to open. Mercs -> Glacial -> Aegis -> FH -> DFG -> Sheen (towards LB)

I was facing a pretty heavy AD team so YMMV. I think the key thing is really max CDR. I at first thought the AS was a good idea but I found during the match that I ended up with Pix on someone else the vast majority of the time, so I didn't really benefit from it too much. Squirrel seems to be crazy good.

I did Q,W,E, then R > E > W > Q.

The one champ I think she'd have great synergy with is Kayle (or possibly Kog'maw). I was hoping my friend who plays Kayle would be on tonight but no luck. Hopefully I can give it a shot tomorrow and see if I'm right.

Either way, she may or may not be the best support, but so far to me she's definitely the most fun. She just feels like she has an active play style more so than the others.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

Personally, I've been opening with a Kindlegem, which I leave as is for quite some time.

MS 3 boots (she's SLOW )> fiendish codex > Rylais > Deathfire Grasp > take it from there (Abyssal Scepter? Finish that SHurelia's?)

It's weird, leaving things half built, but I can't think of any other way to build this. She NEEDS CDR, but she needs movespeed as well, so I take MS boots over CDR boots. I guess if their team has mostly AD, I could sub in a Glacial Shroud somewhere... but I'm not sure where.

Either way, I spend my games CONSTANTLY harassing teh enemy and buffing up my allies. With tons of soft CC and buffs, I can keep my allies around waaaay longer than usual, and I'm not squishy enough to just pop. Damage is not great, but not bad either.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
Either way, she may or may not be the best support, but so far to me she's definitely the most fun. She just feels like she has an active play style more so than the others.
This. Including on Summoner's Rift. I actually really enjoy playing her as support where others usually bore me to tears. So active, all the time.

Panwar

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
...She NEEDS CDR...
Might I reccomend Hextech Sweeper. It's cheap, all the components are useful if you want to peacemeal. Gives health/AP/CDR. Has a useful active and an excellent passive which further increases your support of your team.

SoSalty

03-21-2012

Attack Speed Lulu destroys people.

Terminal Devast

03-21-2012

I've been using Ionians, Shurelia's, WoA... and then I can't quite decide yet. Also I'm using my skarner runepage which is mostly CDR, armor and atkspeed. (I don't have a proper mage runepage yet...)

Regardless, I'm actually not finding her slow. Yeah, I'm using whimsy to get around, but the cooldown is short enough for it to help in a fight after I get to where I go.

I'm still trying to work out just how to use her though while playing myself. The times someone else on my team selects Lulu, I've been playing skarner. I've found she really can turn Skarner into a face wrecker if she actually bothers to support.

How've you people been using her ult? I mean, what are you prioritising its use for? I've been mostly using it as a clutch heal for half health or lower allies, even when I'm at half health.