Maw of Malmortius: Potentially overlooked issue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynisl

03-14-2013

Speaking of overlooked issues. Why can i, as an ad carry, proc this shield with only ad attacks, even just auto attacks? Also it works weird, as in super ap ziggs ulty, when health is at say 31% the ulty will proc shield and not destroy the shield as well, when there's more then 400 dmg there. So really this shield when procced negates the ability (like sivir shield) and then procs the shield (like morgs shield). Is this how the item is intended to work?

Had a game go south once the entire enemy team built this to negate my super fed ziggs.

And where might I ask is the ap version of this item, so we ap carrys can keep from dieing to adc. I know there's zhonyas, but you have to activate that andit makes you sit still waiting to die the moment its over, why not let us have a shield like maw?

67chrome

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynisl View Post
Speaking of overlooked issues. Why can i, as an ad carry, proc this shield with only ad attacks, even just auto attacks? Also it works weird, as in super ap ziggs ulty, when health is at say 31% the ulty will proc shield and not destroy the shield as well, when there's more then 400 dmg there. So really this shield when procced negates the ability (like sivir shield) and then procs the shield (like morgs shield). Is this how the item is intended to work?

Had a game go south once the entire enemy team built this to negate my super fed ziggs.

And where might I ask is the ap version of this item, so we ap carrys can keep from dieing to adc. I know there's zhonyas, but you have to activate that andit makes you sit still waiting to die the moment its over, why not let us have a shield like maw?
First off, this thread is pretty old - and was made when Maw of Malmortis was added into the game a year ago. You should have created a new thread rather than necro-posting in this one.

Secondly, Maw's Shield only grants hit points - all it does is prevent magic damage, it doesn't block all crowd-control, displacement, debuffs, and effects associated with abilities like Sivir and Morgana's shields are capable of doing. Come on man, it's been out for like, a year >_>

As for countering ADCs, there are plenty of items for that - just about every prominent armor item has a passive that specifically targets ADCs (without really effecting bruisers or AD assassins). Frozen Heart offers a substantial boost to armor in addition to reducing the attack speed of hostile carries, it also grants mana and cooldown reduction - two stats that are fairly core on mages. Thornmail reflects all the ADC's damage back before it's mitigated by your now substantial armor score, and it does so as magic damage - which you can bolster with magic penetration to more or less true damage on any respectable APC like Ziggs. Considering mages have Ignite about 945894% of the time, you can throw an Ignite on any ADC that's attacking your thorns to make their life steal completely useless as well, and unless they have both Black Cleaver and Last Whisper you only need to deal enough damage to take out half their life bar, were they'll kill themselves for the other half. As a mage focused on AoE damage, AoE damage, and more AoE damage, that shouldn't be hard to pull off as Ziggs even against multiple opponents.

As for AP and Armor, you have Zhonya's (now built out of seeker's armguards, which are pretty swanky), Banner of Command, and Iceborn Gauntlet. While none of them have a passive that specifically targets ADCs, Maw of Malmortis doesn't specifically target Mages like Ziggs - it targets all sources of magic damage indiscriminately, as do the 3 AP/Armor items - so they maintain the same usefulness against ADCs as they do against Bruisers, Assassins, and even minions, monsters, and turrets.

X4N4T05

03-15-2013

Way to dig up a post from over a year ago guys