Maw of Malmortius: Potentially overlooked issue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastergamer2k5 View Post
Innervating Locket.
The locket was good on tons of people..

Carnack

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII Syns View Post
Bloodlust - Passive: Tryndamere thirsts for blood, gaining 5/10/15/20/25 Attack Damage plus 0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35 per 1% Health missing.

Maw of Malmortius
Unique Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% health missing.

A solid solo-top Tryndamere can have a Maw of Malmortius + Boots1 finished by 15 minutes into a game. At which point, he'll have his ultimate + Rank 5 Bloodlust. The potential to engage skirmishes and fight at incredibly low health is too high. Tryndamere can easily fight at 1% health and almost immediately rape ANYTHING with the combination of Bloodlust + Maw passive.
The total comes out to around 250 with standard runes/masteries and no other damage items.

Maw's good. It just not IE/PD/BT/QSS good which actually shore up Tryn's weaknesses directly and build on his strengths.

The Blue Jelly

03-20-2012

Inervating Locket?
It was hella good on Udyr (stancer) and Gragas (+passive, dat sustain @_@)

And it was ZOMG good on Sona. Like really ._. was like the only item she needed besides boots lol

Anyways, that one was Epicly Broken on three charas and only mildly useful on others, so they were like "eh" and just nuked it from orbit, since any more attempts to balance it (they completely remade it for the Sona patch) would likely make it ONLY good on those three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
Any champion designed to hold-on at low health will benefit from this item. Olaf, Tryndamere, Mundo and Volibear, for example, and to some extent maybe even Blitzcrank and Akali.
Irelia gets no love D=

Anyways, ooooo scary, 25 more damage on tryndamere from the passive- my teeth are clattering! XD
Seriously, the guy's been nerfed to hell, give him a break. This is only remotely a problem on Tryndamere's Twisted Treeline, and even then, only a problem if he goes for this (which he might not, as it offers a total of 80 damage when Ragin' (same as an IE) and no crit.

KobaltKode

03-20-2012

I think Olaf, has obvious synergy with this item...Riven jumps to mind too. Obviously, an Olaf with one and a lifesteal item becomes extremely dangerous when low. Innate tankiness + maw + lifesteal will be devastating. Consider that tankiness increases effective heal from lifesteal and low health increases AD which increases steal amount. In the case of Riven, this will also mean a little more shield when she's low...Her shield scales both from her tankiness and from her AD. Could easily take the place of Wit's End on champs who don't particularly synergize well with on-hit.

I think Tryndamere has better build options and other priorities, could make for a good situational on him though...

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone001 View Post
Last person I would think to get this on would be Trynd .. isn't it only like 25 attack damage even at one health? An extra shield would probably just get wasted due too the instinct to ultimate when you're about to die ...

I'm honestly quite disappointed. The nerf to Hexdrinker itself sucks, and this item is way too expensive as it is. 3300? Wow.

I've only ever really felt compelled to get this item on Riven. I just feel they could of tried a little harder on the upgraded version.
40. It's 40 bonus AD.

KobaltKode

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
40. It's 40 bonus AD.
Actually, it's 39...Unless you are dead! 0% HP = dead!

Faraquet

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobaltKode View Post
Actually, it's 39...Unless you are dead! 0% HP = dead!

Tryn says hi.

KobaltKode

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraquet View Post
Tryn says hi.
During Undying Rage Tryndamere is left at 1 HP, not 0, so even he gets the 39. The only time, you could get the 40 is then you are dead...Making Karthus the only person who would ever see the full 40 damage.

I don't think he can auto attack during that, can he?

Faraquet

03-20-2012

Ugh, double checked, you are correct.

But Tryn still says hi.

Carnack

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraquet View Post
Ugh, double checked, you are correct.

But Tryn still says hi.
Not really. Tryndamere already has plenty of items that give him more bang than Maw.

PD and IE for crit chance, attack speed, and raw damage.

BT for damage and lifesteal.

QSS for shrugging off CC.

Add boots and he has one item slot left and will probably be reserved for LW.