Maw of Malmortius: Potentially overlooked issue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VII Syns

03-20-2012

Bloodlust - Passive: Tryndamere thirsts for blood, gaining 5/10/15/20/25 Attack Damage plus 0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35 per 1% Health missing.

Maw of Malmortius
Unique Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% health missing.

A solid solo-top Tryndamere can have a Maw of Malmortius + Boots1 finished by 15 minutes into a game. At which point, he'll have his ultimate + Rank 5 Bloodlust. The potential to engage skirmishes and fight at incredibly low health is too high. Tryndamere can easily fight at 1% health and almost immediately rape ANYTHING with the combination of Bloodlust + Maw passive.

Jace Broham

03-20-2012

Yeah, Tryn and Olaf are going to be a big problem with this new item. i just hope I see a hybrid Karma try to use it and her passive at low health. xD

Anyways While Tryn will have a substantial amount of extra AD he could easily just get stunned or cc'd and then problem solved. At 1% health Tryn will have the 25 extra AD and then an additional 40 or so AD. So its not to broken....hopefully

Cooper112

03-20-2012

Maybe they should also nerf infinity edge eh? I mean more crit dmg! That would be op on tyrn. Fact is you dont nerf or change items just due to fact its good with one person. If so infinity edge is broken.

Magy

03-20-2012

Yeah i thought of the samething. Only tryn will be able to use the passive to its fullest

Irelia Bot

03-20-2012

This will make the argument of just "CC him and it K" fairly weaker assuming that the shield from Maw of Malmortius is actually like the shield of hexdrinker and Morg. (I haven't been able to test it out yet)

The two most common ways people say to counter trynda is Ignite which is still a strong argument and hard CC. If trynda can get a shield that blocks spell damage and the CC that comes with it when he gets low on health then he just became harder to deal with.

This item will also be annoying on olaf but manageable because he already can't be disabled.

Cooper112

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magy View Post
Yeah i thought of the samething. Only tryn will be able to use the passive to its fullest
Not really olaf and tanky dps can or if someone leaves you at low hp lol.

3mptylord

03-20-2012

Any champion designed to hold-on at low health will benefit from this item. Olaf, Tryndamere, Mundo and Volibear, for example, and to some extent maybe even Blitzcrank and Akali.

But as it's been said, it's 44 AD at maximum. Given the item provides 55/99 for 300 gold more than a Bloodthirster, which gives 60/100, it's not really an issue.

So Tryndamere now has the option to buy less AD but have more resistance from Thornmail.

Irelia Bot

03-20-2012

One thing that many people also forget is that the MR will help reduce the effects of thornmail.

With the reductions to lifesteal in this last patch MR might not be the worst idea for AD carries who are having issues with thornmail.

I really think that this item will have it's place but it is just a matter of finding out how to use it.

I could actually see this being great on Riven when having to face Vlad or Ahri top which seems to be more and more common.

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Last person I would think to get this on would be Trynd .. isn't it only like 25 attack damage even at one health? An extra shield would probably just get wasted due too the instinct to ultimate when you're about to die ...

I'm honestly quite disappointed. The nerf to Hexdrinker itself sucks, and this item is way too expensive as it is. 3300? Wow.

I've only ever really felt compelled to get this item on Riven. I just feel they could of tried a little harder on the upgraded version.

Mastergamer2k5

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper56 View Post
Maybe they should also nerf infinity edge eh? I mean more crit dmg! That would be op on tyrn. Fact is you dont nerf or change items just due to fact its good with one person. If so infinity edge is broken.
Innervating Locket.