What do you think about adding more attacking monsters?

This game needs more monsters. 39 63.93%
This game is fine the way it is. 22 36.07%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

More More and More Monstas... Plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoL2K

10-20-2009

The game is really cool, I played it for a whole day once. The veriaty of player controlled heroes is amazing. Yet I would have to add one thing, there is only 3 or 4 different mobs (I'll call em boneheads) that attack the towers. It getts a little boring when you have to look at the same creeps for 20 min and only after that there is just 2 or 3 more different mobs attacking the base. The natural creeps are fine though, most of the time no one cares for them anyway, but they add more content anyway - "mess someone else up" when ur bored

Here I'll give you some of my ideas, which might be helpfull. Add like one bonehead that chases the player insted of the NPCs, that whay you're always on the move and don't have to sit there and camp xp. More action, more recalls, harder strat.

Second, make some more different hp bonheads, so that you get different amounts of gold for killing a higher hp monster.

Third, add some smart ass boneheads that would turn around and run a few steps back when they are low on hp. This is a verry cool idea I think, since if a player is just on auto attack and the bonhead gets an idea to save his life, the player will follow him automatically and end up somewhere in the middle of 10 summoners when the actuall bonehead (dood at the comp) is looking at some other part of the map, and then bam gray screen of death, hahahahahaha. Funny....

Well that's about it for what I can think of. Maybe someone else can add some more ideas - "don't be a bonehead!!!"

Kingreaper

10-20-2009

Did you ever play DotA with supercreeps? Are you thinking of things like those, or just slightly different basic creeps with different behaviours?

Anony

10-20-2009

I like the creep that goes behind when he gets low on Hp. We spam like 6 creeps now right? Make 2 like that and it'd be awesomesauce.

LoL2K

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingreaper View Post
Did you ever play DotA with supercreeps? Are you thinking of things like those, or just slightly different basic creeps with different behaviours?
No I never played with supercreeps. But dunno if superkreeps add more action then I am all up for that. I was just thinking to add harder and smarter creeps, it's just to easy right now. Maybe even add a little more than 6 on attack, maybe like 9 with a group of 3 that look and act a little different. Even an archer shooting arrows would be cool. Maybe an AOE creep, with chain lightning or somethin. Plus even a healer creep that stays behind and heals the others for a little, that way you are always trying to go behind the tanks and slay the healer. Dunno how about a mind controll creep, with a cast time so u have time to kill it? The MC should not work on players though... I'll try to think of some more later.

Thnx Anony, I think it's something that is a great upgrade...

Peace

ImaBastard

10-21-2009

In other words, you want the game to last even longer.....

No.

LoL2K

10-21-2009

How bout air units? I am almost thinking to have like 3 waves of different mobs of 6-9... No I don't want to make the game last longer, just balance it out so it still lasts about 45 min, make mobs with small amounts of hp, so they are killed easy like now. I am guessing supercreeps just have more hp and hit for more, so yeah that wouldn't really work since it will make the game way longer. All I am thinking is just that the game to simple right now.

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

If you think the forest creeps are unimportant you are missing some of the complexity of the current game.

VoxDissident

The Council

10-21-2009

LoL2k. The Summoner's Rift map is heavily inspired by the DotA maps. The fundamental dynamics of League of Legends are also drawn very heavily from DotA. Because of the game mechanics, it is pretty important (or absolutely essential) that lane creeps be predictable, simple and relatively easy to kill.

The complexity of the game is based on team tactics, composition, methods of engagement, positioning, sequencing ability use correctly, itemizing appropriately, using psychology to one's advantage.

Of course, different creeps could add variety, but having creeps run away when they are low on life, or having them fly, would likely add layers that would not significantly improve the game play. Maybe for another map, or another game mode.

LoL2K

10-21-2009

Yeah I think this game has added a lot more to the original DotA, and one of that is different maps. I am not saying that the Summoners Rift has to incorporate all of new monsters. I like having old and legendary game play in similar games also. What can be done though is expanding the old gameplay to different maps and keeping an old map or two for fun. I really felt down when Warcraft 3's expansions removed Garden of War from the ladder, it was one of the funnest maps.

About the units running away, I didn't mean they would run all the way back to the base, I just meant a few steps and then eventually like after 5 seconds come back into the fight. Running units all over the place would change the game.

Korialstrazs, I think those creeps are good and fun, but I just notice that most of the time players stay on the main roads, and use the hiding places for sabotage

LoL2K

10-21-2009

OH I know I know. How bout a voting system at the beginning of the match??? Vote for either normal creeps or advanced creeps. That way you can play on any map, with any style... This will also bring in the old DotA voting feeling at the start.