The Current Meta: Breakdown of why you should leave it alone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Boy Nate

03-20-2012

Bottom being the hardest lane to gank? That is only if you are on purple team (top) because in blue team you can just sneak through tribush and gank pretty well. Being the hardest lane to gank is also only applicable until they can tower dive. If I were to make the meta stronger it would change depending on which side you are on.

Top - AD carry and support if on blue team.
- Solo lane fighter if on purple. Play defensively and wait for ganks. Gp5 items will be required for these lanes.

Mid - Stays the same, they need levels and gold to contribute in team fights.

Bot - Solo lane fighters if on blue team. Play defensively and wait for ganks. Gp5 items will be required for these lanes.
- AD carry and support if on purple.

Jungler - Gank the AD carry/support lane constantly as solo and junglers can tower dive at lower levels. Counter jungling and map awareness will also improve in order to defend against ganks.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxijazz View Post
Bottom being the hardest lane to gank? That is only if you are on purple team (top) because in blue team you can just sneak through tribush and gank pretty well. Being the hardest lane to gank is also only applicable until they can tower dive. If I were to make the meta stronger it would change depending on which side you are on.

Top - AD carry and support if on blue team.
- Solo lane fighter if on purple. Play defensively and wait for ganks. Gp5 items will be required for these lanes.

Mid - Stays the same, they need levels and gold to contribute in team fights.

Bot - Solo lane fighters if on blue team. Play defensively and wait for ganks. Gp5 items will be required for these lanes.
- AD carry and support if on purple.

Jungler - Gank the AD carry/support lane constantly as solo and junglers can tower dive at lower levels. Counter jungling and map awareness will also improve in order to defend against ganks.
Then purple gets to contest the dragon in a 3v2 situation (with mid)... or 4v3 if Junglers pop in. Dragon makes a big difference, plus in a 2v1 situation it would make it quite easy to tower dive and trade tower shots to get earlier kills.

Also, blue AD lane is the hardest to gank b/c top purple has a tribush/flash in and bot lane has a support to help protect the jungler with stuns/slows/heals. I stand by saying that it's the hardest to gank and personally feel that having 2v1 in both lanes would be detrimental to both, moreso to blue.

FurryPinkFoxy

Recruiter

03-20-2012

New meta: one top, two junglers, one mid, one bot. Stop qqing about the meta.

zhong guó rén

Master Recruiter

03-20-2012

The problem with LoL that makes it such a different RTS from Dota/Dota2 is that in LoL with dragon control and solid farming it is hard to lose a game with the extra gold, even if you feed like bosses your death value lessens unlike dota where it is 200+ per kill every time. So you "have" to use the meta to make sure you have dragon coverage and solid farming.
However I have fooled around and have seen some weird combos in bot, a bursty ad carry can dominate lane with an unexpected carry, for example an ez + ap trist bot lane has the dps to keep a lane pushed and secure kills while also have the ability to escape a gank if a kill is secured in trist's case, I do want to play around with a vitor support, it isn't really seen however it seems viable redic stun/slow + bursty ad and or with jungle gank could make it a viable lane.

A usual comp leaves top with an ad usually beefy however if played right an ap can benefit from that while running say a nunu bot lane or a beefy jungle, I believe it comes down to the term that there is no "tank" in LoL we aren't playing WoW they just soak damage it isn't "omg I am going to run in and take their team's aggro while you all pew pew"

but who knows I am just a fail LoL player : /

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhong gu rn View Post
The problem with LoL that makes it such a different RTS from Dota/Dota2 is that in LoL with dragon control and solid farming it is hard to lose a game with the extra gold, even if you feed like bosses your death value lessens unlike dota where it is 200+ per kill every time. So you "have" to use the meta to make sure you have dragon coverage and solid farming.
However I have fooled around and have seen some weird combos in bot, a bursty ad carry can dominate lane with an unexpected carry, for example an ez + ap trist bot lane has the dps to keep a lane pushed and secure kills while also have the ability to escape a gank if a kill is secured in trist's case, I do want to play around with a vitor support, it isn't really seen however it seems viable redic stun/slow + bursty ad and or with jungle gank could make it a viable lane.

A usual comp leaves top with an ad usually beefy however if played right an ap can benefit from that while running say a nunu bot lane or a beefy jungle, I believe it comes down to the term that there is no "tank" in LoL we aren't playing WoW they just soak damage it isn't "omg I am going to run in and take their team's aggro while you all pew pew"

but who knows I am just a fail LoL player : /
Gotta love when kill lanes work out well (:
They're great early game, and if you can keep the pressure on just right denying their carry from getting any gold work wonderfully end game.

I completely agree with the first half of your statement about the map layout forcing certain scenarios and match-ups. I don't personally support or not support the way that the meta is currently, I'm just stating that it is the way it is for a reason and I think that people stating "new meta" just because it worked out in one game or b/c a counter worked well or b/c they were playing against someone that way bad is just a little annoying. Do what works best. It's the way it is because it's been tested and proven.

Aeshura

03-20-2012

The number of people in lanes, i mean really what could you change? 2 top, sure it can suprose someone but really that's the only difference and can hardly be called a meta. the only thing you can change is the people in the lanes, and that's always doable. AP support bot. the support can be shen, rammus, malphite etc. they aren't necessarily supports so i guess that "breaks meta". Except it doesn't because the tanks would still get gp5 and the ap would stil get cs. In that case, in low elo's you'll see ashe/cait/etc. mid often. levels and cs benefit them as well. On the of chance you end up against kassadin, most will just swap with the ap or top. Don;t Forget EU it's common for AP solo's.

I really don't understand what you mean by meta, i mean the most radical would be two mid, and I mean you'll hear a thousand reasons why it won't work and they'll be valid reasons. I mean it's the map layout, you can't change the setup too drastically due to the map. Take WoW for instance, in Arathi Basin you can zerg farm, lm or what have you but to win you still have to hold +3 bases.

tl:dr There is no "meta" it's just how you win.

Zerthai

03-20-2012

There are definitely ways to break the meta. Its all about counter picking. The meta is just the go to. In solo queue people dont do anything except the meta but if u play ranked 5s you wlil learn that the meta isnt always the best way to go.

Quick Rawr

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerthai View Post
There are definitely ways to break the meta. Its all about counter picking. The meta is just the go to. In solo queue people dont do anything except the meta but if u play ranked 5s you wlil learn that the meta isnt always the best way to go.
That's the whole point of the initial post. I state the reason why the current meta is the go to, and why its a smart way to go as well as stating in that post that counter picking is essential. Counter picking isn't "breaking" the meta, it's simply abusing other's lack of planning.

zhong guó rén

Master Recruiter

03-21-2012

You cant put two t unless you dont jungle this game is about dragon control you need to have that gold lols most junglers build razors and with a lot of people going dbl dor wriggles itmakes drag so easy bleh sorry forweird format typing on a bus....off topic why does my 3g with two bars work faster than the bus's wifi idk

BlackJesus101

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorbon View Post
The problem is you have put every champion, or at least every role, into a box. Those boxes don't exist in this game. If someone is challenging you as you insist on playing "like the pros do" it's very likely they know better than you. Some AP carries are more gold dependent than some AD carries, and meanwhile do more early burst. Your argument falls apart on that alone.

It is possible to replace your carries with hybrid carries. Then who goes where?

What about the fact that "teemo top" is a regular thing now? There something wrong with that?

I've won hundreds of games because we've intentionally broken meta. Put Nidalee bottom to 1v2 decimate squishies, while 2 early harassers go top to shut down Nasus from farming... you hit mid game and 3 of them are shut down, because we broke the meta.
speaking as a nasus player who has beaten a vayne and soraka lane top it still works because the jungler can gank and the solo will be ahead on lvls they can just farm under turret if they are any good and let the lane push leaving the other two open for ganks