Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foodhi

03-20-2012

Different junglers are stronger at different aspects of the game and at different times in the game. Some have strong early games, but fall off late game, some struggle early game but have a dominating presence in teamfights later on. Depends on what your team needs and at what point in the game.

JxC

03-20-2012

some examples-

counter jungling-> shyvana/nunu/mundo (im not too sure about shyvana's jungle time now which will affect her counterjungling, but it use to be about 3:15. Mundo probably has a slightly faster clear time now)
early ganks (lvl 2-4) -> shaco/lee sin (the shaco nerf now makes him deal quite a bit less damage but he still has a really good lvl 2 gank)
late laning- mid game ganks -> nocturne/nautilus/amumu (nocturnes mid game ganks are good because his ulti lets him bypass wards, nautilus and amumu both have good initiation and fight changing ulti's for small skirmishes)
Overall Efficiency -> Udyr/Skarner (both are good at everything but best at none. both of them also scale pretty well)

The Sneek

03-20-2012

Depends on what your team needs, there is no best jungler, just best ones for different roles.

I Am Omega

03-21-2012

Here's a list of my personal favorite junglers or at least the ones that I feel are very good.

As many have said before Shaco has, undisputedly, the best ganks in the game, however close behind is Nocturne, Fiddlesticks, Rammus, and Maokai..

Shaco has some versatility in jungle but you have to know what you're doing. Stacking boxes is the core of jungling with shaco pre-wriggles. Knowing where to stack boxes, how many to stack, and what your goal in jungling is is very important. If you want the earliest gank in the game, stack only at red. If you want to start at red for early ganks but with a safer route in case they decide to pop your boxes, then you have to know how many boxes to stack on golems and red, or one of the many other possibilities for starting near red. Starting at blue is more straightforward but also comes with risks. Shaco's early and brutal lane ganks can easily demoralize the enemy into giving up early into the game, but without successful and constant lane ganks he falls off pretty hard in my opinion (though the recent change will make him somewhat more viable late game, though with a decisive early game tradeoff).

Nocturne has some decently strong ganks with his duskbringer into unspeakable horrors and some good damage to back it up. Ganks are a little bit lacking without red or outside cc. Though post-6 his ulti changes his ganks into something to be feared.

Fiddlesticks has some brutal inherent CC with his fear, his ulti is much like initiating with a shaco decieve but with massive damage (and cooldown) behind it. At level 1 his fear hits for a solid second of CC. That's pretty good if you pink their ward (if they have one) and ulti gank from the bushes like a boss.

Rammus as well has very strong ganks. He's fallen out of favor recently but he's still, imo, one of the hardest gankers in the game. If you charge your powerball just out of ward range and blast into the lane with that powerball, hit to slow, auto to slow with red, an follow up with a brutal taunt you can really lay the hurt on someone. He has a fairly fast and safe jungle with his defensive ball curl and can, when played correctly, still swing a game through successful ganks.

Maokai is an interesting pick, he has good damage early game and is much like Shaco in his ganks. You gank to brutally murder the enemy. Maokai ganks are fast and hard with some hard cc to back them. Twisted advance into red buff slow and ground slam slow brings the cc to the sapling pain.

Now some of my personal favorites are Udyr, Shyvana, and Skarner. I group these guys together because I feel like they all play fairly similarly. Skarner is like Udyr minus a stun and with a consistent slow and a great post-6 ulti. Dragon Lady is like Skarner minus the slow but adding more damage. All three of these characters need to be in your face to do anything in particular but all three are very scary when they get there. I believe them to be the strongest overall junglers in the game because every one of them has a very fast jungle clear time, have enough damage to kill a lane by themselves, and each bring something unique to the jungle/game. Udyr is the fast jungle that should never die and slap-stuns. Skarner post-6 has some very potent ganks. And Dragon Lady has the damage and inherent tank to back up her lack of strong CC and the fact that she is a manaless jungle is incredibly important, Skarner is great but can be, depending on your build, mana dependant and hard to effectively use without blue.

This is from a lot of extensive personal experience in the jungle. I play a lot of jungle and have been for a while (hell I jungled Udyr back before they changed his phoenix stance from 4 hits to proc to 3 hits to proc). I have played plenty of junglers and these are, at the moment, who I feel are very strong.

I haven't played LS personally so I can't give a decisive yes or no on him. I would consider checking this link:

http://rog.clgaming.net/tier-lists/46-jungle/latest

Stonewall is considered one of the best junglers in the game. Whether this is disputable or not doesn't matter, what matters is he knows his stuff. He knows the game. And he knows the jungle. This list is solid.

greenyisfatsou

04-01-2012

Nocturne.