Amumu The Friendly Mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cbroadkill

08-02-2010

Amumu the Friendly Mummy:

Stats -

Damage 45 (+3.8 / per level)
Health 472 (+84 / per level)
Mana 220 (+40 / per level)
Move Speed 310
Armor 15 (+3.3 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 1.49 (+0.17 / per level)
Mana Regen 0.8 (+0.065 / per level)

Skills -

Passive Cursed Touch: Reduces the magic resist of people you hit for 5 seconds by 20/30/40.

Bandage Wrap: A skill shot with a stun that drags you to the player. It does 80/140/200/260/320 plus a 1:1 AP ratio. Mostly used to initiate fights or catch runners. Can also be used to stun the highest threat champ mid fights if necessary.

Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120

Cooldown:

Despair: A toggled on ability that does 8/12/16/20/24 magic damage plus 1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4/2.7% of their health plus .01:1 AP ratio. This is the bread and butter of your damage; you turn this on hug the highest hp target and eat down his hp. At low level it chews threw your mana, so I recommend using it sparingly until you either have golem buff at level 10+.

Mana Cost: 10 per second

Tantrum: Passively you take less damage per hit 1/2/3/4/5. On use it does 75/100/125/150/175 with .5:1 AP ratio with a moderate range. Every time you get hit the cooldown get reduced .5 seconds. If you stand between the melee wave and the caster range you can hit both sets of minions. This is your main farming tool for minions at low level. This is your main jungling ability also for it does the best dps for mana cost on most of the mobs. I rarely level this above level 3 until everything else is max due to the slightly more dps isn't needed as much as the reduced cooldown on bandage wrap is more useful mid game.

Mana Cost: 50

Cooldown:

Curse of the Sad Mummy: This spell roots and stops the attacking of all enemy champions inside the range of the spell for 2.5 seconds doing a small amount of damage 50/100/150 per second with a .35:1 AP ratio. This is the most important skill to master. You have to learn how to hit it at the right time with as many enemy champions in it as possible to basically stop their damage and let your team have a field day. When used at the right time you team will kill 1 or 2 champs in the 2.5 seconds and basically let you have a huge health and champ advantage for the team fight.

Mana Cost: 100/150/200

Cooldown:

Skill Leveling:

None Jungle:
Tantrum
Bandage
Despair
Tantrum
Despair
Curse
Despair
Despair
Despair
Bandage
Curse
Bandage
Bandage
Bandage
Tantrum
Curse
Tantrum
Tantrum

This get you early tantrum for farming minions then basically leveling despair and then bandage to cap before leveling tantrum again.

Jungle:
Despair
Tantrum
Tantrum
Despair
Desapir
Curse
Bandage
Desapir
Bandage
Despair
Bandage
Curse
Bandage
Bandage
Tatrum
Curse
Tantrum
Tantrum

This way you can level quickly in the jungle then using despair to kill dragon as early as possible. Getting bandage slightly later instead.

Runes -

Red: Magic Pen. Pretty easy here, you need despair doing as much damage as possible so magic pen is pretty much the best choice

Yellow: Dodge/Armor/MR/Health Per level. I personally use dodge to help with jungling and the dodge mastery nimbleness to stay up with runners when they choose to run. But basically tanking stats you want here. HP would be my second choice but armor and or MR can work here also.

Blue: Mana Reg. The mana regen isn't as good yellow but since I can't get blue dodge runes I go for the mana regen in blue. I would use all per level to keep up your mana letting you keep despair on at level 18 all the time. Other good choices are more MR or health.

Quins: HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH. Basically the best quins in the game. The extra 100 health a low level helps tons for basically every class and 100 health at the end of the game still helps.

Masteries:

0/17/13
Defense
T1 - Mender’s Faith: 1 Resistance: 1 Hardiness: 3
T2 - Evasion: 4
T3 - Nimbleness: 1 Harden Skin: 3
T4 - Veteran's Scars: 4
Utility
T1 - Perservence: 3 Haste: 1
T2 - Awareness: 4
T3 - Meditation: 3 Utility Master: 2

This is my standard Jungle Spec and the one I use most of the time. I normally lane but it gives the option of being an effect jungler as long as I take heal or smite. This spec gives me the extra mana regen for low level plus longer golem buffs. Still have most of the tanking skills but Tenacity but normally in a team fight after my ult is down most of my job is done but hugging high hp classes. So it doesn’t really matter if I die too much as long as physical carries live and we win the fight. Since Amumu doesn't destroy building whatsoever with any real speed being alive after the team fight is an after thought. You can drop menders faith for Plentiful Bounty in Offense if you go smite instead of heal when you jungle.

0/21/9
T1 - Resistance: 3 Hardiness: 3
T2 - Evasion: 4
T3 - Defense Mastery: 2 Nimbleness: 1 Harden Skin: 3
T4 - Veteran's Scars: 4
T6 - Tenacity: 1
Utility
T1 - Perservence: 3 Haste: 1
T2 - Awareness: 4
T3 - Meditation: 1 or Greed: 1 depending on how much mana regen you got.

This is your full tanking spec, you can still jungle in this spec but i don't find it to be as efficient as the other one. You basically give up extra mana regen and longer golem buffs for Tenacity. For either spec you can drop haste for less dead time and Willpower can be picked up if you are rocking cleanse. Normally dropping 1 in resistance or Defense Mastery.

Items:

None Jungling:
Starting
Meki Pendant and 2 Health pots.

Next I finish Philosopher's Stone.

The other starting choice is Sapphire Stone and 2 Health Pots and finishing a catalysis first depending on how much mana regen you have.

Boots are either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads. Depending on the amount of CC and physical dps the teams have.

Depending on team makeup you have 4 other items to choose from

Sunfire capes - I normally end up with 2 of these for the extra health armor and dps. You will need 1 of these for the extra health but sometimes I will get Force before I get a Sunfire for the extra MR.
Force of Nature - This fills the MR void and health regen for you to sit out and not have to go back to base.
Banshee’s Veil - If the team is full of stuns/roots/silences. I normally pick one up 2nd or 3rd to help stay in the fight and be able to use my ult at the right time. The extra MR and health doesn’t hurt at all.
Guardian Angel - If you are being focused every fight first and dying every time this isn’t a bad pick up after the Sunfire capes since they are your main source of health.

If somehow you still haven't won the game and you have all 6 items you can sell back your Philosopher’s Stone for another Sunfire cape.

Jungling:
Starting
Cloth Armor and 5 health pots.

You got back when you need health, work on buying your Ninja Tabi first for the dodge to keep yourself alive in the jungle at lower levels and health pots as needed.

Followed by any of the 4 items previously mentioned. You will have mana problems staying in fights long time without golem buff so be warned and try and conserve mana when you are getting ready to team fight. You need about 300 mana to team fight effectively. 100 for a bandage wrap, 150 for your ult and 50 for despair not using tantrum. The more mana the better but you need to really have 300 mana for team fights. You can pickup a meki pendant or chalice if you really want to but I normally don't.

The only other item i ever end up getting is an aegis of the legion if no one else on the team is going to pick one up.

Spells:
None Jungling: I use teleport and haste. Haste lets me keep up with runners and gives me an escape mechanism if and when needed. Teleport to hold lanes and get to places faster for team fight when i need to pick up golem or dragon before hand.

For Jungling you either need smite or heal. I normally go heal if slows down your jungling a little bit because you can't get lizard buff as early but you are less likely to get ganked in the jungle early.

Other useful spells are Clarity, Flash, and Cleanse.

You can use Ignite or Exhaust but I find that you either going to kill a person before they run or you aren't those spells aren’t needed that badly and hopefully your other champs are keeping them in range for you.

Fort and Rally can be useful but I still find that with teleport and either haste or heal being the most useful.

Strategy:

None Jungle:
Head to a none solo lane. Amumu solo can't do anything but hide in the back. You basically have no dps and no range to harass enemy champs. You would like to solo with a ranged class that can hit the back mobs if possible. Use tantrum to get final kills on minions and use your body as a shield for your other champ. Basically you are pretty much useless until 6 for killing champs other than your bandage wrap so make sure to keep it up to save your other champ or stun a running champ for your laning partner.

Mid game:

I hold lanes very well with Sunfire cape/tantrum and despair. It takes be about 5 second to clear 3 wave build ups and then can head to other lanes for team fights and controlling other lanes. You really shouldn’t be pushing turrets by yourself since you can’t destroy them quickly so keep control of your lanes and help team fights while your ult is up. If your ult is down all you can do is be and hp soak and buffer from your champs as they run so i normally keep lanes clean while jungling and picking up buffs.

Late Game:
You are the initiator of team fights. You will be the first into a fight and either the first dead or the last one standing. If they ignore you your despair starts adding up and they start dropping like flies, if they focus you will be most likely dead but with your death you team should at least take 2-3 with you. Your ult is the most important thing to use properly. Used too early and your dps won't be able to capitalize on their ability not to dps for 2 seconds and used too late it you won't be able to cast it or your dps will be dead to capitalize on it. The best hint I can give you for using it is, when you see either 2 of their physically carries and at least 1 other player in your ult plus your team is ready to pounce or either 2 of their main dps classes that need to die are in the ult with your team ready. If you go in and your team isn't ready to pounce all you ult will do is give you 2 second of your despair on them and then you will die doing little damage and not protecting your dps when they come in. Normally I either bandage wrap into them and let them come out of the woodworks to either kill me or when my dps come in I wait for them to come out of the woodworks then and pop my ult. Just make sure your team knows who to kill or it will all be in vain when your team wastes all focus on a tank and he just Guarding Angel's back up while their dps trashes yours.

Jungling:
Starting with golem, with heal you will need to pot a pot as soon as you pull golem and heal when getting low and then finally popping one more pot before you kill him. I always kill one lizard first while hitting golem every 5 seconds to keep the debuff on him to reduce the damage from 2 lizard to 1. With smite it is easy mode and just pot at the beginning and one after it wears off as you head to the next set of jungle friends. Next is the wolves with can easily be downed with 2-2.5 bars of health using tantrum every time it is up. Max sure you turn off despair after killing the lizards and golem until you go for red buff or the other golems. Next is the wraiths which will die pretty quickly as you will need about 2.5-3 bars of health for until you have tantrum level 2. Next is either red buff from the lizards or golems depending on which spell you got. Lizards will take 3.5-4 bars of health and the lesser golems will take 3 to kill. Depending on health pots and speed you will either head back to base for health pots and boots working towards your ninja tabi or go kill the wolves again. Once you are 6 head to base get your boots and a few health pots and go kill Dragon for the exp bonus for your team. At this point golem should be back up after killing him if you have the health head back to base and then help lanes as necessary while keeping golem buffs. If you can steal the opposing golem buff after dragon because most likely no one else on their team can kill him at this point in the game unless their team has their own jungler. Rest of the game play as normally getting buffs and jungling as you can.

Random Important things:
Once you are 6/7 with ninja tabi you should be able to kill dragon with one health pot and level 3 despair as long as you start with full health and mana. Can be done with less but I like to be safe.

The best way for you to kill towers is to kill the minions coming to the tower and letting your minions do the damage to the tower. Since you auto attack is like 1.5 per 2 second at 70 a piece compared 6 minions at 20 dps each are way better. So cut off their minions and kill them as fast as possible so that your minions will focus the tower.

Edit: Hadn't gotten a chance to look up cooldowns on him as of yet will update when I get a chance to look at them again.
Edit: Updated for aegis of legion in items forgot to mention that and changed blue runes to all mp5 per level

AIM7Sparrow

08-02-2010

Why would you take the dodge mastery and runes? All that does is prevent you from using tantrum more...

And wth philo stone?

cbroadkill

08-02-2010

I use philo stone for the extra gold and extra mana regen plus the health regen to let me lane longer and dodge doesnt effect tantrum cooldown, it works even when you dodge. Dodging keeps you alive in team fights for your despair to work instead of the small amount of damage done by tantrum.

berzerk dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbroadkill View Post
I use philo stone for the extra gold and extra mana regen plus the health regen to let me lane longer and dodge doesnt effect tantrum cooldown, it works even when you dodge. Dodging keeps you alive in team fights for your despair to work instead of the small amount of damage done by tantrum.
The fact that you think that dodge does not affect tantrum cooldown shows that you are misinformed. Philo Stone is a bad item for anything but laning and by the time you get it, laning should be almost over. If you want gold/5 that badly, do yourself (and your team) a favor and buy Heart of Gold instead. From what I see, your core build is: Philo Stone, Catalyst, Merc/Ninja? That has to be the most half-assed tank build I've ever seen. In fact, the biggest tanking items are your boots. Your recommended early game is laning, arguably the part of the game that Amumu is worst at. Even your jungling seems slow, and puts too much emphasis on Tantrum (Despair is probably the most cost efficient non-free spell in the game). That's not even going over your numerous grammar mistakes. I hate to be rude and come off as a jerk, but ba...you know what? I won't even bother.

Heely

08-02-2010

Dragon at 6 ? WHA ?
Dragon at 4 is more like it.

Follow this guide. It works. I've started maining Amumu over a week ago because of it, and I'm never playing another toon again unless absolutely needed by my team comp.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=171349

Killing drake @level 4 = incredible advantage to your team.

Karalius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

just as a visual guide, i made videos of amumu jungling and taking dragon early a while back, it might be usefull as i believe amumu should never lane, he is one of the strongest junglers.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=151052
or straight to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0h4bnoN-W0