New Item: Hexdrinker Update and the Maw of Malmortius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonic Crescent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

Pantheon!!! Your new items it's Here!!!

iRemedyi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

sweet, i love hexdrinker but rarely got it for the reasons mentioned in the OP.

mahdiou

03-19-2012

The old problem with Hexdrinker is still there. One needs that exact point of damage that brings one from 30% to below to be magic damage. In teamfights, it makes it highly unreliable. This is not good considering how large a portion of the item budget the shield takes up.

The sheer randomness about whether one gets that 400 shield or not in a teamfight is frustrating and the item shouldn't be like that. A frustrating mechanic is not a fun mechanic, and thus should not be in the game.

There are possible alternatives, like making what damage brought one to below 30% irrelevant.
One could adjust the 400 value downwards if necessary. There are also other options. For example: making it a 280 base shield against magical damage, 400 if the damage that brought oneself below 30% was magical damage.

I hope it is recognized that the degree to which it is unreliable late game is anti-fun and that something is done about it.

Kizeru

03-19-2012

So many buffs and nerfs with just 1 item, LOL

xBest Sodium Na

03-19-2012

oh god are you serious?

DiggerSimon

03-19-2012

Was kind of scared when I read the that the hexdrinker was getting changed. As I use it for a few of my AD bruisers such as Riven/Fiora/Yi and a few others if they have a lux/karthus/teemo. It protects me quite well against their ults, though with the new upgrade, I see it it as a grand tool for my character without evenhaving those champs on the other team.

Bryan da truth

03-19-2012

Lets go Olaf..Mundo..Tryn..=] This just sounds so perfect on Olaf lol, cant wait to be insane with him with this

Knyaz

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinNinNin View Post
Do something with Haunting Guise. Hexdrinker's not the only item you sell later on.
No one even gets "those" items to begin with though. Feels like such a waste.

ItsJustPain

03-19-2012

OH just freaking great
Another anti mage item

Why don't u guys just remove all the mage users in the game

I mean look at it here
Mages don't got a good spell vamp items

what am i trying to say
forget it
sigh..

Soyezzen

03-19-2012

Nice! Just did a game where i needed a AD item with lots of Magic resist. Didnt want to destroy my built tho :P