*kind of* new player here, need tips on champ selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColorDeath

03-19-2012

started playing 2 months ago, bought all the low cost champs and tryed em all out.

i used yi as main since i prefer a strong auto attack champ to pure casters, i want to be able to tank (not be a tank but survive more than 2 abilities from another champ) and i do not like being helpless as soon as my 2 main skills are used.

Yi suited this just fine but i was called a noob and called useless by most people since i was not in a lane for most of the time. i was jungling . now past lvl 10 people really appreciate this fact and i am glad to know i was not wrong.

another thing i want out of my heroes is good movement and decent auto attack speed as i want it to be viable as a source of damage. this helps alot for last hitting.

i saved up for last hitting master, irelia. now i main her taking poppi when no1 else play tank in my team and also doing ok with him.

now my main character is irelia and i plan it to stay this way.

i do want tho 2 other sumonners when irelia just doesnt fit in the team.

btw i am now lvl 15 playing mostly unranked games 3 and 5 players maps pretty equally and i have +- 75% game won ratio.

what do i want your help for, is to chose my 2 next "main" champs

what i want :
assassin type aka can actually kill other champs
at least 1 slow type ability (other than exhaust) or stun. or aerial
at least 1 ranget skill (for harass) or a good movement skill able to be used in and out just to poke in and retreat to safety.
decent tanking abilities
ok auto attack dmg to be able to last hit easily
able to snipe low health running away champs (ezreal ult's, ashe's ult, irelia's ult, stun and q move ... you get the picture)

the character can be ranged, melee or caster type but i would prefer a type benefitting attack speed and attack damage at least a little as to not only spam skills and retreat.

I'm thinking of ezreal (you will say he is squishy but i still kinda like him since he does have ok movement and lotsa range).

champs i tryed and didnt like :ryze ... (all pure casters including annie and the blue gnome with aoe stun thing you get the picture) tanks in general as they usually ends up having dmg problems (i know its tanks and its not their jobs but hell i still want to be able to kill sum1 ! ) ashe (never figured out how to stay alive with her but i do not have major problems doing so with ezreal)

thinking about it i like jack of all trades assassins, but i also like pushers if they have a "finishing move" wich most of em lacks. any ideas for me ?

ps the champs proposed must fid different role in a team than irelia.

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

Maybe you should try Lee Sin. Shaco could be a good assassin if you want. Gap closer, slow and fear.
Both are good junglers, counter junglers and gankers too.

Kaydence

03-19-2012

Try kog'maw. He's got every one of the things you're looking for.

But please realize that you're asking a LOT. All the champs that have all those things are going to be squishy, just to maintain balance.

Or try twitch.

ColorDeath

03-19-2012

ty for the input so far every1 keep it up ! i thought of shaco and lee sin already lee sin was appealing and still is but for shaco i just thought of him cuz he usually gives me a hard time.

i know i am asking for the perfect champion but im thinking the more i say i want the closer i will get to this. Irelia is perfect for me atm i just want 2 alternatives to play when she just doesnt fit my team.

i tryed kog'maw already hes good and nice but he really do feels too slow for my liking :S

keep the inspiration coming guyz !

edit :
about twich he does seems nice maybe ill try him ... just saw too much players fail with him so i wont buy him straight off the bat but ill definitely give him a shot next time he comes free and make myself an idea for him

arcticnerd

03-19-2012

I know you said you don’t like casters but I believe Kassidin fits your bill. He is a bit tricky to learn and is often banned in games but he is a somewhat tanky assassin character with a ranged nuke/silence and a flash ability. He is the king of sniping low health champions with burst damage that is through the roof. Playing him pre 6 is a pain as he is pretty much worthless but once you get his ult he gets pretty fun.

Katarina would be another great choice or an assassin. Again she is an ap caster but she does not use mana and she is great at killing… anyone. Pretty easy to learn and can be devastating.

If you are looking for a great ad champ to play with a lot of poke then I would try Sivir out. She is one of the strongest ranged ad champs in the game and pretty easy to learn. She is also great at csing and her ult helps her chase down fleeing enemies.

Other than that I would say pick up someone like Garen. He is a tanky dps with an ult that is made for killing low health champs and a skill set that will help you get them there. He is easy to learn due to not needing mana and could be a great introduction to other tanky dps champions.

Really the most assassin characters don’t fit well into the games current meta. A few, like Kass and Kat, do because they are ap assassins and can go mid. Once you hit 30 if you are still playing pure assassins like Talon you will find that you don’t fit well into team comps. Tanky dps are better suited for the meta and they are great for chasing after and killing the squishy ap or ranged ad champions. Irelia is actually a great tanky dps champ, if you build here right, and may be your best bet for an assassin who fits into the current meta.

ColorDeath

03-20-2012

i gotta admit acticnerd that both katarina and kassidin really looks good, ill try em out

interesting characters being talked on in here in order or what looks best to me till now.

1-katarina
2-kassidin
3-shaco
4-lee sin

VanityFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Kat is alot of fun, she became my best champ purly because i played her alot as i really enjoyed her gameplay. shes ability oriented and pretty mobile.

try Gangplank hes very well rounded
Gangplank can kill other champs
his Q and ult slow, not great but alright
he has a solid big damage range skin and a move speed buff
you can build him tanky
good auto attack damage and easy to farm with
his ult enables him to snipe enemies running away pretty easily

Radial Paladin

03-20-2012

i second trying Gangplank you can build him tanky and your opponents will have a very very hard time putting him down and he will still maintain decent dmg while doing this.

Also add to the fact that at early levels parley will wreck squishy champs doing anywhere from 1/4-1/2 of the life bar in dmg.

Kat on the other hand is VERY squishy, and using her ulti takes practice, if you pop it at the wrong time your gonna die, or if you get caught out of position your gonna die. as she will put out lots of dmg but i find her very glass cannony

Hughes De Payens

03-20-2012

Based on the conditions you gave, I'd say Gangplank fits the bill better than any other champ. He's got his q for ranged harass and slow, his ult slows (and is global. Yay), and he's tanky.

Plus, he can jungle OR top lane, so he's versatile.

And he's got a built-in Cleanse, which is pretty victorious.

ColorDeath

03-21-2012

ty for all the feedback after tryouts and some research heres my final 3 mains
irelia - main already own her
kassadin - hes just my style
vlad - cuz sometimes a tank is all you need

ill also get these two when i have spare ip after getting a rune setup for all 3 up there
ezreal - idk his ult is just soo much fun
orianna - her bouncing ball is just too fun to pass on ... plus her gothic skin looks great