Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What happened to dominion ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chide da jungler

03-19-2012

I quit playing dom maybe 3 or 4 months ago promising myself I would wait for ranked. Is there any discussion about it?

Kiddalee

03-19-2012

I think you're silly. If you liked Dominion, you would play Dominion, whether it has Ranked or not.

But so far, no news. Apparently Morello admitted in a post somewhere that Riot needed to pay more attention to the Crystal Scar and Twisted Treeline. That is, of course, totally ambiguous.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-19-2012

This game is not ready for ranked. Still too many barriers to entry and still too difficult for players to realize what their faults are and improve them, and many other issues that could be improved (personal score, user interface that is almost of no help, lack of tutorial, etc.). You typically do not want these things to exist in a competitive game.

Either Riot is going to let this game die, or they're working fervently on a complete overhaul of the game and can't release details on it. One of the two.

Sauron

03-19-2012

Quote:
AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH:
Either Riot is going to let this game die, or they're working fervently on a complete overhaul of the game and can't release details on it. One of the two.

For only 1820 RP, you can buy the Magma Chamber skin for the Crystal Scar!

Kiddalee

03-19-2012

I don't think entry barriers ruin a game's competitiveness. The MOBA genre is full of entry barriers by nature, with the number of characters for learn, for example. Everybody met entry barriers but kept plugging away at Summoner's Rift.

DontBeScardHomie

03-19-2012

I find it funny how riot released this gamemode and completely gave up on it so quickly.

Falanin

03-19-2012

If you're asking about whether there's discussion of ranked Dominion... Yes. There are threads about it at least once a week, and some weeks multiple times per day.

I'm entirely for it, since I mainly play Dominion. I feel that any problems can be fixed once the mode is actually out and in use.

Eaglewolf

03-19-2012

I play dominion but there needs to be something in place, i get a team of feeders almost every game.

Basoosh

03-19-2012

Quote:
Kiddalee:
I think you're silly. If you liked Dominion, you would play Dominion, whether it has Ranked or not.

Silly or not, people play for different reasons. And I really believe that there are a lot of people in the OP's camp - I know several personally. This is one of the reasons I'm such a firm believer that Ranked Dom would cause massive playerbase growth.

Never doubt the power of e-peen.

chide da jungler

03-19-2012

okay guys thanks for the update.

I'll keep avoiding dominion until ranked is out because I found my dom games infested with ppl who are not taking it seriously enough for my liking and are just testing out the weeks free champs in a short-match setting.