Ask Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
No, not really. The weather does not affect me nearly as much as it does to humans. Being made of stone and all, it helps quite a bit when traveling at high altitudes.
"Hm." Lux said. "It's just, you know, the physics of flight, thermals make it way easier for birds to fly, and winter is colder... I won't bore you~." She smiled sheepishly. "Is cold uncomfortable at all, though?"

Ask Galio

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
"Hm." Lux said. "It's just, you know, the physics of flight, thermals make it way easier for birds to fly, and winter is colder... I won't bore you~." She smiled sheepishly. "Is cold uncomfortable at all, though?"
Ah, if you were referring to the actual wind temperatures, then I would say that it's more difficult to fly during the winter than summer. But difficulty is all relative, Luxanna. It's easy for me either way.

Cold itself does not bother me, no. It only gets irritating when the water vapor forms frost on my body, which doesn't usually happen unless it's a wet, cold day. In a human terms, it's what the kids call 'snowball weather'. If the air is drier, then I have nothing to worry about. Not that frost is worrying, of course...

Dear Luxanna

03-16-2013

Quote:
Ah, if you were referring to the actual wind temperatures, then I would say that it's more difficult to fly during the winter than summer. But difficulty is all relative, Luxanna. It's easy for me either way.

Cold itself does not bother me, no. It only gets irritating when the water vapor forms frost on my body, which doesn't usually happen unless it's a wet, cold day. In a human terms, it's what the kids call 'snowball weather'. If the air is drier, then I have nothing to worry about. Not that frost is worrying, of course...
"...should I come up on wet winter days and see if you need chiseling?" Lux offered.

Ask Galio

03-20-2013

Quote:
"...should I come up on wet winter days and see if you need chiseling?" Lux offered.
No. I was referring to what would happen if I didn't do anything about it. However, I can. Nifty little spell called Bulwark.

Dear Luxanna

03-21-2013

Quote:
No. I was referring to what would happen if I didn't do anything about it. However, I can. Nifty little spell called Bulwark.
"Good, that's good~." Lux said. "That reminds me, what are your spells? Are they pure magic?"

Ask Galio

03-25-2013

Quote:
"Good, that's good~." Lux said. "That reminds me, what are your spells? Are they pure magic?"
If you are referring to pure magic as in its untainted form, then yes, you would be correct.

Righteous Gust is the only spell I use that has an elemental affinity, which would be air, of course. Everything else is simply the pure essence of it. Resolute Smite uses it as an actual tangible force. Bulwark uses it as a barrier to dampen both the kinetic and magic energy of incoming attacks. The Idol of Durand, on the other hand, uses magic to influence their minds, forcing them to attack me, then taking a similar effect to Bulwark in that it dampens the incoming energy, but instead of converting it into a healing process, it simply explodes.

Almogs

03-25-2013

Daerion enters the room and approaches the Galio, clearly he has a question to ask and he doesn't mean to be hindered. He looks in a hurry.

"Galio, I have a some quick questions for you.

The first one is: Do you know that you are not a real living creature?

The second one is: Are you full with the fact that you are not a living creature? Would you like to be one?

The third one is: If you could've been an animal, what would you have been?

Daerion conjures himself a small tree and sits on his branches.

"Thank you friend for letting me this peaceful rest" That saying seems to have been directed in the location of the little tree he just conjured.

Dear Luxanna

03-26-2013

Quote:
If you are referring to pure magic as in its untainted form, then yes, you would be correct.

Righteous Gust is the only spell I use that has an elemental affinity, which would be air, of course. Everything else is simply the pure essence of it. Resolute Smite uses it as an actual tangible force. Bulwark uses it as a barrier to dampen both the kinetic and magic energy of incoming attacks. The Idol of Durand, on the other hand, uses magic to influence their minds, forcing them to attack me, then taking a similar effect to Bulwark in that it dampens the incoming energy, but instead of converting it into a healing process, it simply explodes.
"I just meant to know if they're actual magic, and not... gargoyle power." Lux replied, smiling. "But yes, that answers my question. When did you learn this stuff~?"

Ask Galio

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
Daerion enters the room and approaches the Galio, clearly he has a question to ask and he doesn't mean to be hindered. He looks in a hurry.

"Galio, I have a some quick questions for you.

The first one is: Do you know that you are not a real living creature?

The second one is: Are you full with the fact that you are not a living creature? Would you like to be one?

The third one is: If you could've been an animal, what would you have been?

Daerion conjures himself a small tree and sits on his branches.

"Thank you friend for letting me this peaceful rest" That saying seems to have been directed in the location of the little tree he just conjured.
Yes, it is true that I was not born into this world in a natural way, but your accuracy ends there. I am truly a living creature, even if I was not born that way. Someone once said, "The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." This holds true for me as well.

And no, I couldn't imagine myself as any animal, sorry.

((Free cookie for whoever gets the quote reference.))

Quote:
"I just meant to know if they're actual magic, and not... gargoyle power." Lux replied, smiling. "But yes, that answers my question. When did you learn this stuff~?"
Let's just say I have a lot of time on my hands, and I found myself in the Institute Library one day...

Dear Luxanna

04-08-2013

Quote:
Let's just say I have a lot of time on my hands, and I found myself in the Institute Library one day...
"...you fit in there?" Lux asked, amazed. "How, they must have renovated since I studied there. Did any profs help you~?"