Is Veigar a good choice on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

03-18-2012

I think he's better than most AP casters. Note - I think most AP casters are bad picks.

Veigar has good poke/kite with his E. Veigar has extremely strong burst with his ultimate. DFG + Runes + Masteries gives you 30% cdr. You can get the last 10% by building Fiendish Codex, or Kindlegem/Hextech Sweeper.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-18-2012

Veigar is a really annoying staller/defender 1v1. Channel? Dark Matter. Channel? Event Horizon. Channel? Dark Matter. Creeps? Dark Matter. This all happens from an obnoxiously long range because Event Horizon has a really long range when used as a drop stun, and Dark Matter has unusually high range for some reason.

rinse and repeat until reinforcements show up

Prometheius

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfox357 View Post
Malz, Ahri, Ryze, Brand, all much better.
Because all 4 of those are stupid-easy faceroll champs compared to veigar, who actually need to think about more than just QWER.

Veigar has low w/l because the majority of the people who pick him at low Elo are just bad at him. He has the highest initial skill floor required out of the APs.

Does that mean he's bad? Hell no. A good Veigar will demolish any enemy Tanky DPS or Assassin that doesn't immediately rush the hell out of Mres.

He can and will be better than many other APs if the player is actually good.

Are you going to be that good? Not unless you can perfect-hit that stun with 80% accuracy and actually know who to aim for, not just randomly launching the combo at people.

Does Veigar fit in most comps?Not a chance. That's why all the common APs have insane range, escapes, or durability so they aren't team reliant.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

I've said this before when it was brought up

He works well in dominion if

Your team understands that you are for the first few minutes a glorified aoe stun for top. Yes i said TOP. You dont need to farm bot when kill give you 5 bonus ap and you can pick up 4 of those in less than 1 minute time. That's 20 free AP right there. You can then Itemize for CDR / AP accordingly and proceed to burst down thier squishes. The key to all of this is positioning.

After your team caps top you can if your team is winning swap to Bot or Duo bot push and get more free AP from safely farming / defending.

He is one of those AP's in Dominion that is team orientated much to the effect of Orianna. He's not your brand / cassio / ryze who can and will straight up 1v1 / 1v2 people.

AngryHumping

03-19-2012

The only thing Veigar brings to the table in Dominion is the eventual ability to instanuke a squishy. Leblanc does this earlier on, more reliably, more often, and with more mobile survivability.

In SR Veigar's contribution to teamfights after he's blown his wad and sits around uselessly smoking a cigarette is his epic AOE stun utility, but given how mobile and often spread out fights are in Dominion the usefulness of that plummets.

He's basically one of the worst choices you can make for single target burst mages in my opinion. I've never come across a Veigar in game who was even a serious consideration in teamfights, much less an eventual carry the way he can be in SR.

Foofm

03-19-2012

Veigar is terrible in dominion. His strengths can't be capitalized on (farming Q, having high AP targets with R), hes uber squishy and has low mobility, etc...

The only thing he has going for him is he E. Even then, you are so prone to being ganked, it just isn't a good pick.

CyrisAeon

03-19-2012

His AOE stun is downright amazing.
His AOE nuke is great for turbo-pushing lanes.
His Q is oddly meh, and his ult has a way long cooldown for sometimes mediocre impact.

He makes an OK bot, but I like him more top rolling around with his team. Clutch stuns are so incredibly helpful, and if you keep assasin off him he can really do a lot.

Overall he's solid but certainly not top "tier". I am nervous but hopeful when an ally picks him. I'd say overall, I like him.

grimunk

07-16-2012

There's actually some good info in this thread. I think the little yordle has a couple of serious weaknesses that anyone playing him needs to address: First off, he's vulnerable to champs that can dash. It was worse before everyone could dash out of his E, but it's still an issue. They dash, he dies, and there's nothing he can really do about it unless he has flash/ghost. Second, his early game is atrociously bad. He just can't amount to much until he gets close to lvl 10. Once everyone is hitting lvl 16, he hits very hard.

However, that IF the game even goes on that long. He's very comp and team skill sensitive.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

The answer is no, he's not. One of the worst. It's hard to imagine with that awesome CC, but he still fails.

Phourc

07-16-2012

I think he's a bit enemy-comp dependent, as he specializes in killing enemy mages - Dominion isn't super into those so currently he's not a great pick.

HOWEVER, at some point in the near-ish future - a couple months maybe - we should have the Rabadan's Deathbeanie coming in, allowing AP characters to get a bit more limelight, become a bit more popular and maybe give Veigar a better place in the rosters. ^^