AP Taric? How is this possible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

That said, AP Taric is much...riskier than Aura Taric, which can be pulled off with virtually any team comp against virtually any enemy comp.

azmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Let's see why playing an ap carry taric is a bad idea:
TARIC is CLEARLY a SUPPORT character by DESIGN.. let's review his spells:
Imbue: a heal, a selfish ones as it 1.4x if u self-cast it. If anything suggests his off-tank role.
Shatter: armor aura + a nuke. aura suggests support role, yes the nuke has a good ap ratio scaling, but it has a SMALL AOE. dont u DARE compare it 2 sion's shield. Dont tell me u can always land it because of ur longdurationwtfimba stun unless u plan 2 hit ONE guy with it.
Dazzle: a stun/nuke, decent scaling but scaling doesnt improve the range factor. The range factor is to make it a decent stun w/o getting a meja with 20 stacks and a zhonyas..
Radiance: Look at me i heal aoe and give my friends damage.. Oh HOLY LIGHT PURGE me for I HAVE SINNED >.< --> supports aoe/support taric.
in summary: a good taric, does get SOME ap items but also fulfills his role as 1) team healer 2) offtank 3) aura *****
leave the kaboom factor for sion, he does it better.

Master Recruiter

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmy View Post
Let's see why playing an ap carry taric is a bad idea:
TARIC is CLEARLY a SUPPORT character by DESIGN..
It's fine to have an opinion, but Brackhar explicitly stated he designed Taric to be a melee DPS.

SevenAteNine

02-10-2011

lol, well you NEVER do full AP taric
its fail train

i have an AP build i play but i max out arround 300 ap with good def/armor/hp/40 CDR its very solid

ive done full AP taric, 1500 point heals are sick

Kamirga

02-10-2011

lets look at why AP taric is viable based on your team comp

Heal at a.9 ratio is incredible, the selfish 1.4 is just a bonus, utility on a mage? NONSENSE

.5 ratio on an aura that increases his survivability? meaning that a mage can last a little longer versus physical harassment early game, plus a strong aoe farming spell that increases the damage of your carries? =O MORE UTILITY ON A MAGE? NONSENSE

1:1 ratio on a stun that either does extra damage in melee range or gives your team longer to catch up? you know this sounds like more....NONSENSE

finally an ult that is an aoe heal plus attack damage aura that helps you push lanes? you guessed it NONSENSE

AP taric doesn't mean taric suddenly loses all ability to support, it means he chooses to support his team through stronger heals and extra damage as opposed to the aura ***** taric that many people play him as, depending on your team comp and your enemy team comp it might be more beneficial for that stronger heal, or the burst of his stun/shatter as opposed to giving all sorts of auras on a team

in addition there are some strong auras that also give him ap or ap based stats
sure WotA isn't the best item for many casters but in an AP heavy team it can be quite useful
soul shroud is an amazing item and AP taric needs cdr as much as support taric does so this is still an option
abyssal scepter is great for not only tarics damage, but for keeping him alive longer and buffing your other ap characters damage as well

TL;DR
AP taric is viable, its not always the best but then again...no build is always the best

ExpandingEye

02-10-2011

manamune + arch's u can leave ur ult on for a long time and do a lot of magic and physical damage

Phyrexia

02-10-2011

....When did Taric's ult start healing AoE? I could have sworn it shared the attack damage bonus but I thought the healing was self contained based on the wording.

Gevem

02-12-2011

His ult only heals himself, where as the aura increases dmg of teammates. Its funny how many people think its a aoe heal.