Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Taric? How is this possible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykomyke

08-02-2010

I saw a Taric WTFPUBSTOMP our team yesterday.

He was AP, and granted we had a few disabled he was hard to counter. Towards the end of the game his Dazzle...was doing 600 damage AT MAX RANGE. (You know, where it's supposed to do pathetic damage but stun for longer). I shudder to think what kind of damage it did at melee range. Granted at that point in the game he had 20 stacks on soulstealer and other AP items. But that seems a bit ridiculous honestly for such a long stun. Not even AP Sion's stun does that much...

I know I know, to counter him don't give him kills. But he was doing hardcore damage early on with just rank 1 and nearly no AP items. Which leads me to believe he had full AP runes/MagicPen Runes.

I just am rather astonished because I play tanks, and I'm setup to be a tank, and he chewed through me really easily early game.

GhostDieM

08-02-2010

It's called MR...

Senth

Recruiter

08-02-2010

I tend to build Taric for an HP/AP mix, myself, unless my team needs me to build otherwise (Starting with Rod of Ages, getting boots, then Abysmal Scepter, sometimes Rylais, etc.).

Yeah, though, Dazzle can deal astonishing damage even without much AP, If I remember, the stun is flat (2-1 sec). I always wonder why I never see people complaining about Taric because he has so much going for him, I mean, sure, his ult is pretty lame, but it has its uses.

IceDive

08-02-2010

His ult lame? His ult eats towers and baron... Even without the AOE heal it's still one of the best pushing abillities

Sykomyke

08-02-2010

Senth, I agree that AP taric has his moments. I just usually build him for melee support/pushing (Nashors+Soul Shroud+Aegis+Guinsoos). Faster attacking IMO means more imbues...

Senth

Recruiter

08-02-2010

Yeah, I suppose its cooldown is great, too. I use it a lot just for remaining alive after team fights, I guess I take it for granted sometimes.

Gavar

08-02-2010

The additional damage on the stun granted from AP is not effected by the range. It is only the base damage that takes this penalty. So the more AP you get the less noticeable the difference is.

IlxDuce

08-02-2010

Yeah. The stun gets 1:1 AP, and so does his heal, which is IMO one of the better heals. I think his shatter gets 1:.8AP, which is not as good but is still fairly amazing for an AoE.

Mzum

08-02-2010

Shh... people are going to start banning taric if you let them in on his sick burst.

Leirkov

08-02-2010

Imbue is almost a 1:1 AP ratio, it's .9:1
Shatter (Armor Aura) is .5:1
Dazzle (stun) is 1:1
Radiance (Ultimate) is .2:1

His ratios are almost good, so if your team has a tank, AP Taric is a pretty nice option for DPS output, you're still hard as balls to kill