Who actually plays for fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PseudoTestis

03-18-2012

I feel that so many people in this game play so competitively, why not just play for fun? In the competitive games, it gets boring because people just rage over kills or loss of towers. When playing for fun, you end up working as a team way better and it's actually a fun game. Like the main reason i dislike this game is that it's too competitive, i guess that's a personal problem.. Also, why do people care so much for kills? If you are on the same team, no need to get mad at someone who got the kill.

Squkkawakka

03-18-2012

I do, and on top of that I play with only friends. I dont solo queue in any MOBAs anymore, at least until dota 2 gets a ranking system. It just isnt as fun as playing with a group of friends on skype.. My friends are new to the moba genre so while Id like to win.. sometimes its just hard to when 3/5 people are new... So I just chill and have fun

Martyrofsand

03-18-2012

I play for fun but I want the people I play with to the competant. Now that's not saying I'm going to flame you or hate you if you are bad. On the contrary I'll coach you and try to help you my issue is when you refuse to listen because you think your 0/15/3 Ezreal free week self happens to know more than me when I'm sitting at 11/2/35 as shen, or 23/5/10 Irelia and carring our team. Yes I play for fun but when you are feeding and refusing to take advice it sucks the fun right out of the game.

Soda Muffin

03-18-2012

You can play competitively without raging. Being competitive just means you're trying to win. I don't see that can't be considered "playing for fun".

PseudoTestis

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
I play for fun but I want the people I play with to the competant. Now that's not saying I'm going to flame you or hate you if you are bad. On the contrary I'll coach you and try to help you my issue is when you refuse to listen because you think your 0/15/3 Ezreal free week self happens to know more than me when I'm sitting at 11/2/35 as shen, or 23/5/10 Irelia and carring our team. Yes I play for fun but when you are feeding and refusing to take advice it sucks the fun right out of the game.
What? I'm don't even get scores that low, I (in my opinion) am a decent player. Obviously some games are better than others, but i mainly play Fiora and carry games.

TheLamentingLoon

03-18-2012

I play for fun and like others who answered I play with a group of friends and we communicate via Skype. Don't get me wrong; we do play to win trying our best to do so but a) it isn't the end of the world if we don't, b) we don't rage at each other because, c) everyone has bad games.

Tempzor

03-18-2012

i do ;D

iamBlayz

03-18-2012

i play for fun, but i'm a competitive person so i have fun by winning

some people have fun randomly running all over the map and not caring if they die cause its "fun" and while thats fine for them it hinders the chances of the people who actually want to win, if you're not playing to win and simply want to have fun why not play against bots?

just like its no fun to have people rage at you for doing bad, its no fun for them to try to do good and have people do blatantly stupid things and use the "hey this is a game(as if that wasnt obvious) i'm just here to have fun" excuse

not directed at you specifically, but at the people who refuse to listen to people telling them the right things to do and use the "i'm just here to have fun" excuse as their reason for bringing the whole team down

PseudoTestis

03-18-2012

Bot games are the worst, i don't know why anyone plays those. So slow.

AeonTek

03-18-2012

I have fun when I win