Tank vs Master yi

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avilis19

Junior Member

12-15-2009

I usually play Mundo whit exhaust. And hate when a yi user with cleanse comes and owns
me in 2 seconds

What can i do? if i want to face him or at least not die to him in a battle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schadadle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2009

Pop masachoism, run away until his ult is over, then turn around, cleaver, and own him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ceoofdarkness

Senior Member

12-15-2009

I would recommend buying armor. This will diminish damage dealt by him to a large extent. As Mundo, you are probably also stacking hp to get more benefit out of his passive and ult; this will allow you to live longer so that your teammates can come and finish Yi off. He's really quite squishy if focused. Try to cleaver him and run away, if he cleanses so he can chase you then you can pop exhaust 2 seconds later. Try to get him to burn his cleanse! And remember, you are a tank, play like a team and get your teammates to help you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monxide

Member

12-15-2009

I love to play rammus and wear thornmails Taunt = sad yi. Or a dead one : )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jothki

Senior Member

12-15-2009

Yi will probably be packing some sort of lifesteal, so going for health over armor will increase the rate at which he's regenerating. A sunfire cape might be good for that situation, the armor means he'll heal more slowly and he'll also take a bit of damage while attacking you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Espon

Senior Member

12-15-2009

Disables really screw up Yi. Unfortunately Mundo has none, and slows do not work if he's intent on killing you, so you'll have to rely on allies to do it instead. Stay close to towers early in the game and harass him with cleaver.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avilis19

Junior Member

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadadle View Post
Pop masachoism, run away until his ult is over, then turn around, cleaver, and own him.
even when i used ult, have 2 more levels and run........his ult nails me
in 2 secs

Ty for the tip of making use his cleanse and come back after with exhaust or cleaver
but it s not always easy

The armor vs lifesteal is a nice idea....i ll try it

My items are usually: Regrowth and boots tabi......i adapt after that........
what would be better thorns or wardens late games


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

12-15-2009

I think the trick to playing against Yi is being adaptive in your playstyle. Depending on his items, he will be able to shred high HP (Madred's), high Armor (Last Whisper/Black Cleaver/Brutalizer/Stark's), or high dodge (Sword of the divine), but not all of them.

Also, if you're really having trouble against his lifesteal, picking up an Executioner's Culling either on you or a lane-mate can make a huge difference. You shut off 65% of his lifesteal while giving you a decent amount of your own, plus you add critical chance, which can translate into some huge damage between your base, Masochism, and Atma's Impaler.

I think a decent build for a DPS/Anti-Yi Mundo would be something like: Warmog's, Boots of choice, Atma's, Phantom Dancer, Culling, Force of Nature. This gives you a solid block of HP (though not enough and with enough MR not to be raped by Bloodrazor), a good amount of Armor (but not enough to vindicate the all-penetration build), a decent dodge chance (but not enough that Sword of the Divine becomes rape against you, especially with the MR from Force reducing its effectiveness), the ability to shut down his lifesteal, lifesteal of your own, and a high enough crit chance to tear through his squishy hide.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avilis19

Junior Member

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
I think the trick to playing against Yi is being adaptive in your playstyle. Depending on his items, he will be able to shred high HP (Madred's), high Armor (Last Whisper/Black Cleaver/Brutalizer/Stark's), or high dodge (Sword of the divine), but not all of them.

Also, if you're really having trouble against his lifesteal, picking up an Executioner's Culling either on you or a lane-mate can make a huge difference. You shut off 65% of his lifesteal while giving you a decent amount of your own, plus you add critical chance, which can translate into some huge damage between your base, Masochism, and Atma's Impaler.

I think a decent build for a DPS/Anti-Yi Mundo would be something like: Warmog's, Boots of choice, Atma's, Phantom Dancer, Culling, Force of Nature. This gives you a solid block of HP (though not enough and with enough MR not to be raped by Bloodrazor), a good amount of Armor (but not enough to vindicate the all-penetration build), a decent dodge chance (but not enough that Sword of the Divine becomes rape against you, especially with the MR from Force reducing its effectiveness), the ability to shut down his lifesteal, lifesteal of your own, and a high enough crit chance to tear through his squishy hide.
TY ur the man........its what i was looking for......Anti-yi mundo..........nice job.....i ll try ur build. and for sure....i ll adapt to the items he has.
Ty man....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilis19 View Post
TY ur the man........its what i was looking for......Anti-yi mundo..........nice job.....i ll try ur build. and for sure....i ll adapt to the items he has.
Ty man....
I can't promise it will work, it's mostly theorycraft, but the logic behind it seems sound enough.


123