Voice chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZaderTheOriginal

03-17-2012

It all comes down to this....If riot implemented a voice chat system players could easily tell others their plans or what to do. And what has been the argument for not bringing this to the game? Harassment, spamming, and abuse. Wellll just like the text chat, you can mute them if you don't like waht their saying. I would love to discuss strategies or tell others something I know that they didn't or vice versa but, It takes a while to discuss something in chat. That takes time away from farming, warding, whatever it is. Even if some players don't have a mic, players that do can still easily call mia's or say what they are going to do. Please think about it riot, if anyone from riot reads this....Do the cons outweigh the pros? Not in my opinion. I think that it would bring more players to the community, it would cause less lag because we wouldn't need alternate programs to voice chat, we would be able to easily call mias and create strats. So the overall stability of the game will increase. I hope this eventually becomes apart of league.

shuxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

vent, skype, mumble, teamspeak...

TeknoWizard

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuxxxxxxxxxxxxx View Post
vent, skype, mumble, teamspeak...
I think he is referring to soloing with people you haven't met before. There is no way to add them on Skype in the lobby and get you all into a call, pick champions etc. before the match started. I think that voice chat would be quite beneficial.

SmudgePudge

03-18-2012

Op is right, league needs voice chat. None of those reasons for not implementing voice chat are valid when you look at call of duty. You have the quintessential troll game with 90% of the community not old enough to drive, yet that game has voice chat. My son is 16 and I'm not too worried anymore about him hearing all of the obscene things that are said during a game but on his own he mutes anyone who starts talking if he doesn't know them.

Pretty simple thing in terms of concept but pretty difficult and costly in terms of money and time. I think riot looks at spending time creating a new champ and making the next boat load of money upon release, and then looks at spending time creating voice chat which would never have an immediate roi and says - how about a support yordle?

Dercy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-18-2012

League needs an option for in-game chat, team only, with mute functions and added reporting options like verbal harassment to keep it clean.

It's hard going in solo/duo and having to rely on text chat.

Also, skype and such use a lot of extra computer processes and people with bad computers cant user both them and LoL without getting significantly bad gameplay.

I0N

03-18-2012

that is one of the main complaints from people that come over from HON even though league is better it does not have voice chat like HON