Addressing Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plutinoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2012

Master Yi's ability to control his lane either running an AP or AD build is entirely too strong. Wearing an AP build allows him to tower dive on to champions and eliminate them in seconds, instantly after he is easily able to shrug off the damage by meditating. Also the fact that that amount of IP and RP are extremely low makes him more common in all games considering it doesn't take much to buy and get a shot at him. His ult grants him an unstoppable speed buff in which makes him even harder to kill. Additionally killing an enemy champion, which might I say is quite easy for a semi decent Yi player to do, will remove all of his cooldowns. All of his abilities make him entirely over powered. In my honest opinion I believe that Riot should focus on rebalancing the champions like Master Yi to a more balanced champion rather than them nerfing champs like Rammus and Shaco which in my opinion are much less of a problem compared to Master Yi. Well that's just a small chapter of what I can say about Master Yi and my opinion on him. Comment on your thoughts on Master Yi and specify if you think he should be nerfed or untouched. Thanks for reading!

innerentity

03-17-2012

He's a pretty easy guy to get going and be awesome with but theres alot of characters out there that will just shut him down. use armor teleport threw trees anything you can to get away really. fioras ult chases you hits you alot and impossible to hit during i think is a lil worse off. the reason you see uber yis is because your team probably fed him just like when you see uber any char

TerraEarth

03-17-2012

if you played ranked games when you're lvl 30 you'd notice nobody ever plays master yi. how come? because he's incredibly easy to counter. and squishy.

rammus and shaco however? real terror.

Tandy69edu

03-18-2012

lol...
Master yi is easy to counter, in lane if you are ANY champion with some sort of ranged move you can harass the **** out of him and deny him CS. AP yi requires a lot of mana, as long as you can outsustain his damage from his Q ur fine, besides after he uses his Q he doesnt have much else to hit you with anyways (as AP yi). AD yi, despite his ultimate can be kited quite easily using stuns and such, buying a randuins and frozen heart to slow his attack speed will decimate his damage output.
On top of all of this he is extremely squishy as a champion.

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy69edu View Post
lol...
Master yi is easy to counter, in lane if you are ANY champion with some sort of ranged move you can harass the **** out of him and deny him CS. AP yi requires a lot of mana, as long as you can outsustain his damage from his Q ur fine, besides after he uses his Q he doesnt have much else to hit you with anyways (as AP yi). AD yi, despite his ultimate can be kited quite easily using stuns and such, buying a randuins and frozen heart to slow his attack speed will decimate his damage output.
On top of all of this he is extremely squishy as a champion.
On your note about AP Yi, his Alpha Strike doesn't cost terribly that much mana. Use Alpha strike mainly to harras your opponents (ie. alpha strike when there are only 3 minions and the enemy champ is near by). Start with Sapphire Crystal, 2 health pot and rush a sheen. You should be fine with mana. (I'm also assuming an AP would run typical AP caster runes and masteries too). AP can wreck mid lane really easily, even against other casters or ranged.

But yes, in general, Yi is just really squishy which is why most of the time, I build a Warmogs/Atmas for tankyness then build damage.

Amircse

03-18-2012

Master Yi is not op against a decent (key word, decent) team

Only time Master Yi is actually op is when he is fighting a team with squishy champs, no taunts, and no CC.