Dealing with a Fed Carry.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

I've looked at tons of guides on the Strategy forums, and none really cover up this part.

A truckload of my games are stomp or stompee, and in each of them, you have the usual unkillable Ezreal/CarryHere with 10 kills with Morgana's shield and Amumu ulting people for him. As soon as I see the guy get 3-5 kills early, I believe it's GG. I try to gank him, but he Astral Shifts back to tower or his allies, or uses Flash.

How do you dispose/defend yourself of this sort of annoying carry?

VENUMB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

being more fed then him
roaming and playing more strongly as a team
outlasting him if he's an early game hero >AND STAYING AS A TEAM IF HES A GANKER<
did I mention don't run off on your own becaus he'll wtfown you?
also if you're behind just going for baron is sometimes beneficial. sometimes the other team will catch you in that corner but if you're losing hard killing baron might just be the only way to make a comeback, and in lower level games alot of people just completely ignore him.

EDIT: also don't feed him in the first place

xpsychedelico

08-01-2010

Best thing to do in teamfights is to make sure your team ignores the tank and goes straight for said carry. Use all possible CC and annihilate said carry, then proceed to dispose of the rest of the team who are now probably at a loss regarding where all their damage went.

If Morgana is there, bait her into using the shield on someone else first, then going all in. Or bait her into shielding Ezreal then backing off, let the shield disappear, then CC the hell out of him. If it's Amumu, again, bait him into using his ult for something else, or just root/stun him before he can ult then rush to Ezreal, don't let him get in the middle of your team. Also, you still can cast spells while rooted, so unload away if you're within range.

If the carry is getting fed, there is a high chance that he will get arrogant and complacent, and start making really bad decisions, such as being too aggressive and putting himself in disadvantageous positions. Pay attention to that and use it to turn the battle in your favor. Ezreal is quite dead once stunned or silenced.

Belmarduk

08-01-2010

The entire point of playing a carry is that if you get fed, you win. If it was easy to counter a fed carry, they would all be unplayable.

The counter to a carry is to not let them feed and not let them farm. If they're a jungler like Shaco, or Warwick, counterjungle. If they're laning, harass hard and don't take big risks. Every time you die, your chances of winning decrease. Never give a carry first blood. Stay out of bushes. Don't push unassisted. Take ghost, or flash, or both every game and use them whenever you're in danger. Never push under half health. This stuff is all basic.

Matuk

08-01-2010

You really can't do anything except be MORE fed, and work as a team to take him out ASAP.
Once the carry dies, the rest of the team usually melts.

I would say to "not let him get fed" or something along those lines, but, after some of the matches I've played...you can't really do jack **** to stop the other lanes feeding. Not usually.

malphismia

08-01-2010

To deal with the fed carry, you deal with the feeder.

Babysit. Group up around the feeder. Don't let them exploit your weak link.