7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.20%
1 438 6.67%
Voters: 6567. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

This would require riot to make new modes/maps/fun stuff which we all know isnt gonna happen. Just more champs to saturate the game.

Fl4wless

08-02-2010

those tutorials would be great

tenpromicro

08-02-2010

how about another tutorial for ranked games:

you are on the champion select screen and you have the last pick.

your team has 0 tanks. you must select a tank to pass the test.

OR

your team has a tank and all melee physical damage champions. you must select an AP nuker to pass the test.

something like this. so many games are lost at champ select because of major fail comps because people want to play the champ they want to play regardless of how it may affect the team's comp

Rahyl

08-02-2010

+1 for an amazing idea.

Honestly, challenges are one of my favorite parts about Starcraft 2...I think those would be a good thing to look at as a model. They made you learn essential skills like countering unit types, micromanaging, and play styles. I thought they were well implemented, and helped anyone who took the time to do them. In a game like LoL with such a steep learning curve, this would be great.

I don't know about requiring them before you join a game, but maybe if each one gave you IP, so that if you completed ALL of them you had enough IP to unlock one mid-tier champion (I doubt they'd give as much as 3150, but it'd be nice). That would give an incentive for new players to try it, and a great incentive for even the people that think they're "pro" to go back and learn the basics.

Devil May LOL

08-02-2010

Oh one more thing, when you have finished those challenges you should get a badge says "I'm not a noob" or something similar. It helps in ranked.

TheGreatSaiyaman

08-02-2010

so basically instead of people L2playing and learning on their own. You rather have riot spoon feed every trick in the book to noobs? What happened to when you EARN your skill level.

good idea, but this is a competitive game. If people are too ignorant to L2p without riot spoon feeding them then they deserve to lose. I been in many situtations where me as the carry would get KSED by a support last minute (zilean speeding up himself not me)

The game is easy enough as it is, first people copy builds then champ selection then runes now people are going to be copying all the tricks of the trades.

Not everyone is good at skillshots also. (even though no idea how you CANT be, not alot of skill required for a skill shot...)

If any event decent idea, but I would never want to see it. It would create a "Informed Noob" Sure he passed all the tests.. But they are bots. Not people. They will join a game expecting to be able to KATRINA gank like they did in the training, noticing that they get destroyed.

Edit - So say if this does happen and it goes GREAT people are not ignorant no more.. Now the games are going to require keen observation on what the opponent is doing, most of the tricks you used, every informed noob knows, because of riots training. Games would last much longer then the average 30min for me. I can estimate up to an hour if the teams are both non ignorant with a good group (people will pick the right champions understanding carries supports etc.) It would easily last an hour.. This game is not fun after an hour in a game.

GuyOfDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-02-2010

I'm all for this. Stuff like this should be standard to give people a better idea of their skill set as a whole, then the vague indicator of Elo and their own self-delusions of grandeur.

LiFTeDyourFACE

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSaiyaman View Post
so basically instead of people L2playing and learning on their own. You rather have riot spoon feed every trick in the book to noobs? What happened to when you EARN your skill level.

good idea, but this is a competitive game. If people are too ignorant to L2p without riot spoon feeding them then they deserve to lose. I been in many situtations where me as the carry would get KSED by a support last minute (zilean speeding up himself not me)

The game is easy enough as it is, first people copy builds then champ selection then runes now people are going to be copying all the tricks of the trades.

Not everyone is good at skillshots also. (even though no idea how you CANT be, not alot of skill required for a skill shot...)

If any event decent idea, but I would never want to see it. It would create a "Informed Noob" Sure he passed all the tests.. But they are bots. Not people. They will join a game expecting to be able to KATRINA gank like they did in the training, noticing that they get destroyed.

Edit - So say if this does happen and it goes GREAT people are not ignorant no more.. Now the games are going to require keen observation on what the opponent is doing, most of the tricks you used, every informed noob knows, because of riots training. Games would last much longer then the average 30min for me. I can estimate up to an hour if the teams are both non ignorant with a good group (people will pick the right champions understanding carries supports etc.) It would easily last an hour.. This game is not fun after an hour in a game.
Basically you rather play the game with a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing. Makes sense?

Sorry, but I rather be in games where people have completed those trainings so they have a better idea of what they're doing as oppose to "This is Ashe, she is ranged. Right click on ground to move. Now right click on enemies to shoot them. Trainings done, go play ranked now! Enjoy!" I especially hate people who just hit creeps and don't try to last hit for gold. Grinds my gears when they're messing up my gold farming. I'm intentionally hitting the 3 creeps in the back and leaving them 3 melee creeps to hit on their own, stop auto attacking whoever I aim for! Oh they also only do this to creeps, they don't seem to like auto attacking the same guy I am attacking when it's a teamfight >:[

Mr Scorpio

08-02-2010

As a caster defeat Xin 1v1? =\ Cool concept, but that would require a ton of coding I'm sure.

ohgreatone32

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiFTeDyourFACE View Post
Grinds my gears [

Family Guy anyone?