7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.20%
1 438 6.67%
Voters: 6567. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dweia

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predinchuk View Post
The hardest difficulty of this challenge would have you using somebody like Poppy to try to escape
The hardest difficulty is escaping with someone who has above average movespeed (pretty sure 320 is above average, haven't gone through all the heroes to check), can take a few hits, and has a +speed ability?

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB AFFLICTION View Post
riot put this in such a good idea also we need the option to give plus 10 cuz this guy should get it
<3

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweia View Post
The hardest difficulty is escaping with someone who has above average movespeed (pretty sure 320 is above average, haven't gone through all the heroes to check), can take a few hits, and has a +speed ability?
Look at everyone else's escape mechanisms. Also, I noted that the enemies would be 75 movespeed faster than you, so even with a 15% movespeed buff, they could still catch you if you can't juke. I also specifically noted that you can only take 3 hits. Perhaps the hardest difficulty would leave out some more hp so you can only take 1 hit...

However, nice point...

You win this one, good sir.

Wallace Knoop

08-02-2010

They should call them "Summoner Evaluations", and make passing them a requirement to enter ranked mode. Make it something like the License Tests in the Gran Turismo series. That would severely cut down on players going into ranked mode with less skills than Master Yi Bot.

Shiranui

08-02-2010

Thumbs up to you, sir

EroticBadass

08-02-2010

This is an awesome idea, you wont believe how many lv 30s i see that don't know these basics yet...its irritating

a couple you forgot though
1. Warding - warding baron, dragon, brush, etc. to counter a team that constantly ganks.
2. Tanking towers - when and not to do it

MetalHev

08-02-2010

Bravo. Such an awesome idea should be implemented right away.

Predinchuk

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticBadass View Post
This is an awesome idea, you wont believe how many lv 30s i see that don't know these basics yet...its irritating

a couple you forgot though
1. Warding - warding baron, dragon, brush, etc. to counter a team that constantly ganks.
2. Tanking towers - when and not to do it
Can you elaborate on possible challenges for each of these?

When I think of "warding Baron/Dragon" etc, I just think of the challenge going something like this;

WARDING THE DRAGON
The player is given a sight ward and is to put it down on the dragon, who will be spawned in front of them.

WARDING BARON NASHOR
The player is given a sight ward and is to put it down on Baron Nashor, who will be spawned in front of them.

Mass player response would be; "Lol, k" *presses 1, clicks* "VICTORY"

But I do understand where you're coming from. Perhaps that could be made a "tip it" that could be thrown in as advice on loading screens for the challenges or something? Then after every challenge they can ask you a question about the tip they gave you (to make sure you've internalized it) and give you a 10% IP boost for the right answer.

Kaede

08-02-2010

+1 to that. Great idea, and not so hard to implement. Come on Riot, give it a go

InKoHerent

08-02-2010

This would take them ages to set up and new people would try multiple times to pass these tutes - in-game you only get one shot.

The best way to learn is by playing