7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.20%
1 438 6.67%
Voters: 6567. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

04-26-2011

The jungle one needs to account for smite so you can teach people to take smite to jungle. Specially consider the debates over last week here with the ******bags who troll and harass those people.

Pythonhier

04-26-2011

Back to the top of the forum this goes. I'm sick of getting matched with guys who suck.

godmarck

04-26-2011

i hope they implement this, not only to eradicate the noobs, but also it seems the challenges are gonna be fun

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmpBlast View Post
This thread is probably is the most "full-of-win" thread I have ever seen, period. (This includes threads all over the web). I'm running off to go create some smurf accounts so I can push it's upvotes past 2000.
I friggin' love posts like this<3

mrchoochootwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

this is a plus in my book. it would help significantly for everyone

Siduakal

05-06-2011

I wish we could have this implemented with a time trial/leaderboard.

It'd be a great way to pass time, and a fun way to get better other than playing bots.

Siduakal

05-06-2011

Also, I think it's something that wouldn't be terribly hard to code on the gameplay side of it.

Programming bots for actual match gameplay is far more complex.

Each of these challenges, you simply need to program the bots to try to attain ONE specific goal.

IE: Evasion challenge "Chase and Kill Katarina" The bots are already set up to play matches via coop vs AI programming, now you just need to do dumbed down/tunnel visioned versions of them for each individual challenge.

Put a max timer on each challenge.

And now for every 2 challenges you complete, you gain a 1 win IP boost (Which is not consumed on challenges). - Up to a maximum of the challenge total divided by 2, to prevent abuse.

The challenges would promote stronger gameplay and provide a fun thing to do during downtime waiting for friends.

Raiidenn

Recruiter

05-06-2011

Necro -_-

Vargrax

Recruiter

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predinchuk View Post
It may also be worth it to offer a test regarding the Summoner's Code, the completion of which test would reward the player with a free skin, IP boost, forum badge, etc. This would promote cooperation and lessen the friction between players who aren't in a premade together, as well as improve the overall quality of the game for all parties involved. I believe that the Summoner's Code is not appreciated or practiced by as many players as it should be (I've heard "umad?" so many times that I found myself saying it for a while).
It might be a good idea theoretically, but there is no guarantee that after completing this test that people will not revert back to not following the summoners code.

Extrinsic motivators (the rewards) may work in encouraging them to take this test, but who is to say how long this would last or perhaps even work.

It is hard, after all, to change people's behaviors.

Dreakforth

05-06-2011

Achievements + mini games = rebirth of LoL (?)