Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How would you rate this idea?

10 4632 70.53%
9 550 8.38%
8 491 7.48%
7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.2%
1 438 6.67%
Voters 6567 .

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggtart Chow

09-21-2010

Please Riot?

liquid monie

09-21-2010

Yet the challenges idea is a great idea, but however in these types of games I'd rather have a steep learning curve, to separate the pros from the nubs But having these challenges will probably be better for Riot as a company for more profit because of newbie retention and more variety to the game besides 5 on 5 3 on 3 tower and nexus elimination lol.

JumboCactaur

09-21-2010

Quote:
liquid monie:
Yet the challenges idea is a great idea, but however in these types of games I'd rather have a steep learning curve, to separate the pros from the nubs But having these challenges will probably be better for Riot as a company for more profit because of newbie retention and more variety to the game besides 5 on 5 3 on 3 tower and nexus elimination lol.

Except that the pros and the nubs aren't getting seperated, they're getting on the same team. That's what this idea is trying to prevent, and to raise the overall level of competition.

liquid monie

09-21-2010

Quote:
JumboCactaur:
Except that the pros and the nubs aren't getting seperated, they're getting on the same team. That's what this idea is trying to prevent, and to raise the overall level of competition.

I know this, however I don't even mind it, or losing. I only play arrange team games if i really want to win. :P

Arkrothe

09-22-2010

Riot please stop working at the new map and make this first.

LiFTeDyourFACE

09-22-2010

Quote:
Arkrothe:
Riot please stop working at the new map and make this first.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say stop making new champs for a little bit, work on the new map and this. Then go back to new champs again. I know some of you will say "how will dey make der mooniez!" well there is still skins. Not like you have to stop making skins.

Also...please god don't "sell" the new map. I hate xbox live for that -_-

Sevrin

09-22-2010

I am often quite surprised at just how much there is to playing this game well. I get reminded again and again, whether it be teaching a friend how to play, or upon reaching a new tier of play.
The curve may not be as bad as DotA, but it's still massive. Learning to last hit, farm the jungle, feed the carry, watch the map, use wards, predict enemy movement and behaviour, learn your hero, learn how your hero fights every other hero, proper laneing, proper soloing, towerdiving, backdooring, pushing to cause a split, teamfights (and how theyre different with different combinations of champs) Item builds, and how to make them fluid with the game, your team comp, and the enemy comp...this is a beast of a game to play well...there are countless lvl 30s who can't, and an obscene number of them THINK they know the game in and out, which hampers their progress through mastering this game.
Proper tutorials on each aspect of the game would go a long way to helping new players up that learning curve. A lot of poor playing is due to the players simply being unaware of how certain aspects of the game work...and once each aspect is learned, or even mastered, there's the even larger challenge of forming a good team comp, and learning its nuances. How best to coordinate 5 people to take down the nexus is no simple task.
My first 5v5 premade ranked games were a humbling experience.

I like this idea a lot. Gamers love trinkets like acheivements, skins, and badges. Make the challenges a fun game in and of themselves, and you'll likely cut the number of terribads in half within a few weeks. Not to mention the drastic spike in new player retension, when they get gently introduced to each and every fun aspect of the game individually, and are rewarded for it.

A few suggestions:
Upon completing the challenges, all champs are free for the account for 1 week. At the end of the week, the summoner chooses any 1 champ to keep, and gets a free skin for it. (make it non legendary if you must)

Nütcracko

09-22-2010

Bump because this is such a good idea, it will never happen

Splii

09-22-2010

Amazing Post,
Hope it will be implemented into game!

Twisted

Recruiter

09-22-2010

bump