Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How would you rate this idea?

10 4632 70.53%
9 550 8.38%
8 491 7.48%
7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.2%
1 438 6.67%
Voters 6567 .

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awesomeus Prime

08-02-2010

It would be great if these were part of the tutorial which only shows you the essential basics. :F

RacialProfiling

08-02-2010

Quote:
Emburn:
I have only played roughly 60-100 games, I would find this immensely useful. I am all for more tutorials in game, and would gladly pump even more money for RP if RIOT implemented this (ashamed to admit, so far I have paid about 50$ in a single month). A step like this would definately be a move in a positive direction for RIOT, it would increase the enjoyment for the majority of the community.

I add though that I think there should be no "grandfathering" of "veterans," I think that a change like this should be for all even high ELO veterans. If not, it might not be favored among us lower lvl noobs. Also this system might be best suited to take place in between seasons. Perhaps like a 1-2 week "training" break as to not interupt the lvl 30's competition in ranked matches.

/bump and signed

edit for bumpage and signage..

Players should not be forced through a tutorial, that is absolutely rediculous. The tutorial provides new players with the basic ideas of the game, Ideas seasond players are extremely knowledgable with and do not need to be forced to sit through. I do suggest this tutorial idea wholehartedly as it has been implemented in hon and has been a major success.

Emburn

08-02-2010

Quote:
RacialProfiling:
Players should not be forced through a tutorial, that is absolutely rediculous. The tutorial provides new players with the basic ideas of the game, Ideas seasond players are extremely knowledgable with and do not need to be forced to sit through. I do suggest this tutorial idea wholehartedly as it has been implemented in hon and has been a major success.

Honestly who is to decide then who is allowed to skip the tutorial? Not to be condensending (definately not my intention), but is that not a bit elitist?

If the intent of the OP is to weed out the noobs and better educate them, (as mentioned in the OP even at level 30 there are noobs), how would it be beneficial to skip the tutorial? The OP's intent was to make the endgame more enjoyable for all users by giving them a tutorial to push them from subpar/average players to better than average players in terms of game knowledge....

So again, who decides who is exempt from this?? :P

BlackDestruction

Recruiter

08-02-2010

Been wondered why this wasn't implemented as their are WAY TOO MANY bad players

HeadSlayer101

08-02-2010

Burn the noobs, BURN THEM ALL BWUAHAHAH

heat511

08-02-2010

This would go along great with the (future implemented) achievement system.

Also, this is one of the best ideas I've ever seen on the forums.

Predinchuk

08-02-2010

Be sure to go back to the OP once in a while, as I'm constantly updating it.

Thanks for the suggestions, good luck out there!

WarlordLucifer

08-02-2010

tl;dr it all

but /signed, voted on 10

Cornwillis

08-02-2010

the last hitting one definitely needs to be done. i find myself actually getting annoyed when i see teammates constantly autoattacking one mob without worrying about last hits, it just feels like such a waste.

Artonox

08-02-2010

OMG, my calls for a better ingame tutorial has finally been answered (semi-answered anyway as it hasnt been implemented).

...and i thought i was the only one who thought this needs addressing.

I even believe that this will really turn the competitive side of LoL on.
OP=wisdom of excellence.