7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.20%
1 438 6.67%
Voters: 6567. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-02-2010

A great idea. This is the kind of thing that recruiters have a hard time teaching their friends. Having an in-game feature that better portrays it has numerous benefits.

- It doesn't provide a negative experience for our teammates by making them have to deal with my newbie friend.
- It more effectively teaches the concepts of better gameplay by specifically isolating and addressing those concepts.
- It more effectively teaches the concepts of better gameplay by eliminating a real game's activities that hinder the learner:

("Wait" [enter]
[mouse click-move]
[enter] "and stay bakc for Rammus to int intitaaarrrwewwwqwwwwwwwwwqqeeqrr" [enter]
>> ' Not Teaching has killed Teaching ' <<
[enter] "Run, run!" [enter]
[enter] "You can us
>> ' Not Teaching has killed Learner ' <<
e shunpo on friendly targets... "[enter])

I would be willing to go through these lessons alongside my recruited friends.

Wicked Zen

08-02-2010

Bloody brilliant. I would love to see some or all of these implemented. I think they'd be fun even for non-newbies.

Galtath

08-02-2010

/singed

our poor announcer is gonna have a ball.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

I like them all except juking.

Ward shunpoing is way too difficult for noobs honestly. I main katarina and even for me it's sometimes hard to do it.

Imo juking tutorial should be done with kassadin. You have a limited amount of mana and have to escape. You have no boots and the enemy team has good boots (swiftness or mobility, perhaps allow the player to choose the difficulty like you said?).

Lasric

08-02-2010

Bump that. This thread needs to be seen.

Volking

08-02-2010

I am not kidding, This is the best idea that i have ever seen.
If Riot will put it in game than this we probably be the best feature that they have ever added.
Finally a solution for noobies without swearing at them or doing it in any had way.
Please Riot, Add this to the game.

Remiko Elliot

08-02-2010

Minigames! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Omghorde

08-02-2010

Bump for best idea I've ever seen on these forums*

*Disclaimer: Claim does not include the idea of gentleman cho'gath

Th3Madness

08-02-2010

I'd love to do the juking one, and I could always use the practice with skillshots.

Lostmyth

08-02-2010

Those suggestions are pretty nice, I would love to try some of those challenges for both fun and to improve my gameplay.