7 236 3.59%
6 71 1.08%
5 74 1.13%
4 35 0.53%
3 27 0.41%
2 13 0.20%
1 438 6.67%
Voters: 6566. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, Please, can we Eradicate the Noobs?: An Effective Way to Educate the Masses

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

resipsa

10-19-2012

Great idea. Call it LoL Fundamentals, and then when a Summoner completes them, they can get a special "Fundamentalist" title. There is no way that could be taken poorly.

yayjinaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

"Hey all!

So I've had this thought for a while now, but in light of the World Championships, I really think Season 3 would be the time to implement this idea.

I think Riot should create some drills on basic game mechanics. Similar to the plethora of challenges in SC2, that are meant to hone in specific skills, and help you practice a specific mechanic. In LoL we have a few important mechanics worth practicing. The first and foremost is obviously farming. While some people may say to just play more games to practice this, in the context of a game, farming is not necessarily of precedence over other objectives at certain times. With a farming drill your goal would be to maximize CS by working on your last hit timing with various champions, with varying items, allowing for different levels of auto attack damage. At higher levels of the drill, enemy champions can be added in, so that you have to farm against their harass.

A second drill could work on escape methods. While every champion is different, every champion CAN have FLASH. Learning to successfully flash in and out of every wall on the map is ESSENTIAL to higher levels of gameplay as it can make or break kills for both your team and the enemy team.

These are the only 2 I've thought of so far other than maybe a third having to do with ideal warding and vision drills.

While higher level players may shrug them off, I know there are many a player who could receive invaluable levels of training via these exercises and they wouldn't have to suffer through long games to work on specific skills.

I know from personal experience that I've gotten much better just by watching pro play. Honing my farming based on their patterns, and reaping 20 CS improvement per 10 minutes on average. We all know how important CS is as seen in the recent M5 vs TPA games 2 and 3 bot lane.

Just my thoughts. Interested in constructive feedback."

Good to see there are like minded players. This feels a lot like the idea that I'd posted a few weeks ago.

StriderXplosive

10-19-2012

bump

StriderXplosive

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayjinaz View Post
"Hey all!

So I've had this thought for a while now, but in light of the World Championships, I really think Season 3 would be the time to implement this idea.

I think Riot should create some drills on basic game mechanics. Similar to the plethora of challenges in SC2, that are meant to hone in specific skills, and help you practice a specific mechanic. In LoL we have a few important mechanics worth practicing. The first and foremost is obviously farming. While some people may say to just play more games to practice this, in the context of a game, farming is not necessarily of precedence over other objectives at certain times. With a farming drill your goal would be to maximize CS by working on your last hit timing with various champions, with varying items, allowing for different levels of auto attack damage. At higher levels of the drill, enemy champions can be added in, so that you have to farm against their harass.

A second drill could work on escape methods. While every champion is different, every champion CAN have FLASH. Learning to successfully flash in and out of every wall on the map is ESSENTIAL to higher levels of gameplay as it can make or break kills for both your team and the enemy team.

These are the only 2 I've thought of so far other than maybe a third having to do with ideal warding and vision drills.

While higher level players may shrug them off, I know there are many a player who could receive invaluable levels of training via these exercises and they wouldn't have to suffer through long games to work on specific skills.

I know from personal experience that I've gotten much better just by watching pro play. Honing my farming based on their patterns, and reaping 20 CS improvement per 10 minutes on average. We all know how important CS is as seen in the recent M5 vs TPA games 2 and 3 bot lane.

Just my thoughts. Interested in constructive feedback."

Good to see there are like minded players. This feels a lot like the idea that I'd posted a few weeks ago.

Those ideas are a step in the right direction. Bump your thread bro. GJ

WE NEED TO HELP THE NEW COMERS AND NOT SO GOOD PLAYERS IN GETTING BETTER!!

StriderXplosive

10-19-2012

bump

Sarcon

10-19-2012

bump for a great idea

StriderXplosive

10-19-2012

bump

StriderXplosive

10-19-2012

bump

StriderXplosive

10-19-2012

bump

Prof YANA

10-19-2012

If anything, a lot of players will see these as extra challenges to complete. Some people find achievements fun to try to obtain, so it'd be good for them as well as new players.