Last Hitting (a step on the road to awesome)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brasidius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

Not that this necessarily needed to be pointed out, but obviously veigar and nasus SHOULD be farming principally with their Q abilities and only use their auto attack while Q is on cooldown.

ChairGlue

03-24-2012

@Raemnant:

This is not always true. Some folks naturally wind up as Support or Jungle, which doesn't focus nearly as much on last-hits. Also, most folks I know learned to play with bot games where killing the stupid AI champs was a better source of income than minions. This is useful for folks looking to expand their skillset or those weening off of AI games before trying it in a ranked game (omgwtf y u no farm?! u sux! repot our ashe, not rly playing!).

TrueTarax

04-12-2012

Thanks for this guide, it is something I'm trying to improve abt my game.
When I watch the high elo matches out amazes me how great they are at this.

I have a basic question tho.

watching those highly skilled players sometimes it looks as if they are starting their attack animation multiple times then only letting it finish (and actually attack) when the timing is perfect to last hit. Sort of like what happens if you spam shift + 1 etc

How do they do this?

I'm thinking they are clicking to attack one minion then tapping S to stop?
Or maybe clicking very fast on two diferent creeps..

Stopping ur champ from auto attacking near by minions when u don't want them to can be a bit tough with a ranged character.

Way most ppl seem to do this is just by moving around a lot between hits...

Elsweyr

04-12-2012

Are you sure the max is 153 because I just went until the 15 minute mark and had a cs of 147 and I'm almost positive I missed more than 6 guys.
Did you forget to take into account that on certain waves the cannon comes so there is an additional minion?
Or maybe it was because I killed the first 2 towers so I was able to be closer to the enemy base so I got an additional wave?

TrueTarax

04-12-2012

Just went 90 cs in 15 mins on the bot game.. boy do I suck!
In my defence, I played 3's when I was starting out and focused on killing champs not CS.
Time for some more practice.

TrueTarax

04-12-2012

Guide here as well..

http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-last-hitting

I was able to use "S" key to stop my char autoattacking, but I still don't know what was going on in this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwUYTlLQqHM
At 4.07 mins in you see nid repeatedly start the attack animation, but doesn't release the attack until 4.12. move a little bit in this period but mostly standing still.

Anyone know how can you do that?

rajo101

04-12-2012

I say aggressively attack minions when you start off, then let it click later on. Once it clicks, then you practice. It is like trying to hard to think of a word, then when your mind is on something else, it will just come to you. Focus on the game number 1, then last hitting will come. Slowly at first, but with practice it will be helpful.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

This is fantastic, but going into a custom with only bots or with nobody doesnt really help in my eyes.

For me, the only way you'll learn is from experience. Learning by how to harass AND CS, learning how your opponent reacts and tries to take advantage of you, and so forth.

TrueTarax

04-12-2012

Well when u suck vs bots not much hope in a real game..
One step at a time I guess. Up to about 110 now.
Finding myself using S a lot to cancel autoattacking next in line.
Guess I could just be clicking around like crazy instead tho. (more like a real game)

Wizardninjapro

06-19-2012

Karthus has always been the easiest champion for me to last hit with hands down, I usually end up with twice the amount of the next highest cs count in the game. With karthus you kind of have to use your skills to farm (as in your q) I just wanted to know if anybody else has a champion that they feel like its super easy to last hit with excluding champions like morgana and malzahar