Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nautilus support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorian

Recruiter

03-17-2012

How do you stop this? I just encountered it for the first time firsthand with myself being the AD carry(vayne) and having a support Naut. We were immovable in lane, the opponent was under farmed/leveled by 11 minutes. Their jungler did come to gank but luckily we had ample time to get away but the opponent was too scared to CS because naut is so devastating to a characters hp early game so what can one do to stop a naut from just chilling in a bush other than plant a ward and hope they dont just drop a pink in there as well.

tl;dr how do you beat naut support

Queen Sejuani

03-17-2012

Jungler ganks.

If he zones you by staying in the brush and waiting for you to come, ward it. If they have river warded, pink it and destroy their wards.

That and getting the enemy ad carry lower than you. If you do this, he can't grab you because you will just kill the enemy carry.

Other then that, play it like any other kill lane. Be defensive and try to somehow CS. KIll lanes always need jungler ganks

Sorian

Recruiter

03-17-2012

They had a good jungler and their mid was doing well, but even a kennen is spotted in enough time when the naut has two gp5 and ample pink and green wards whereas the soraka was chilling with just a philostone and booots. I do suppose it was just a matter of our support vs theirs was the game changing point for the bottom lane.

UltraKill

03-17-2012

merc treads.

cannotcomprehend

03-17-2012

Ward his bush. Stand behind minions. Summoner cleanse and heal alongside flash. Alistar. Blitzcrank. Caitlyn. Gap closers. Etc.

luna Iovegood

06-16-2012

i just ran this against a blitzcrank specifically because its better than blitz.
level one you get e and bait a pull. immediately exhaust and e the ad carry, hit both the carry and the supprot for the stun and then watch as their hp melts to your ad carry. if they stay in lane you get hook level 2 and then proceed to zone or kill them. ward early and ward far out so you can avoid getting ganked, early oracles or pinks for bushes, its basically the most brutal lane ive ever played and i play a TON of blitz. i just got tired of going into soloq, seeing bc and graves on the enemy team and having no answer really. (i dont play a very good leona or alistar and taric is just not brutal enough plus i think nautilus offers just as much to teamfights as either of those two)

if the blitz doesnt grab you you get hook at level 2 and go straight on the carry doing the same thing just delayed by a level, if you pair it with any early game monster like MF, graves, trist at 2 and 6, or corki even the burst is ridiculously high and is a lot more than bc can put out at the same level.

DonnFirinne

06-16-2012

Flash/blinks are *****es to deal with for nautilus and blitz. You can flash out of the way of their hook, or if you wait until right when it hits you and you have good timing, you can flash it still and it won't pull you anymore. If you do the latter to nautilus, he will still move halfway to you, usually putting him a bit out of position. I know this works because the one game I played nautilus in support (I prefer him jungling) the enemy ezreal blinked every single pull.

Ayyy

06-16-2012

Choose sivir/alistar. Sivir won't be pulled then due to spell shield, an alistar pull could potentially lead to the enemy ad carry's death in the right situation.

Honestly, if I ever see a blitz/nautilus/taric support, I always pick sivir as ad carry, or someone tanky for support. Soraka support is a bad idea against nautilus just cause he can pull soraka and get a kill for the ad carry still. Anymore, I only choose soraka/sona/janna/lulu if they have one of those four or an alistar alistar. Pulls and stuns just ruin them as support champs imo.

After a good pull bait, you usually have about ten seconds to farm easily or harass them.