[Guide]Evelyn - Ninja Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

*update regards to the new extended tower range.

Eviant

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTrikerT View Post
The point of this guide is to take advantage of Eve's only stun, 2 sec does make a difference.

Another way to look at it:
Shadow walk - increase stun time/lvl, stealth time/lvl
Ravage - increase damage/lvl, increase defense resist reduction/lvl
Hate Spike - increase damage by 15/lvl ............
Striker, you are right, there is that way to look at it, but here is how I see it.

25 Damage per second
or 85 damage per second.
Personally, I'll take the +60 damage per second.
Reason is pretty obvious, agreed?

Plus, you tell me that 20 seconds isn't enough to plan a gank, and look for positioning?
I find it more than ample time, as long as I plan just a few seconds ahead.
And yes, I do still get those backstabs to boot, further increasing the effect of those +15/level.

You are right, those 2 seconds do make one hell of a difference, but it can be wiser to look at the next 5 seconds, rather than just the next two.
It's what tells me whether I can take that tank that's at 75% health, who is miles away from any aid.

But, I've done it your way too, and it's effective nonetheless. I've just personally found that worrying about Damage is much more crucial than 1 additional second of stun.

TaTeSy

02-01-2010

Yeah Evelyn really sucks.

She really really sucks!

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
Striker, you are right, there is that way to look at it, but here is how I see it.

25 Damage per second
or 85 damage per second.
Personally, I'll take the +60 damage per second.
Reason is pretty obvious, agreed?

Plus, you tell me that 20 seconds isn't enough to plan a gank, and look for positioning?
I find it more than ample time, as long as I plan just a few seconds ahead.
And yes, I do still get those backstabs to boot, further increasing the effect of those +15/level.

You are right, those 2 seconds do make one hell of a difference, but it can be wiser to look at the next 5 seconds, rather than just the next two.
It's what tells me whether I can take that tank that's at 75% health, who is miles away from any aid.

But, I've done it your way too, and it's effective nonetheless. I've just personally found that worrying about Damage is much more crucial than 1 additional second of stun.
I know, theres always been the hate spike vs. stealth debate, i use the 2 sec stun to allow my teammates to jump in as well. or i throw a exhaust after stun. i recommend mycygnus's guide for hate spike focused path. personally, i just don't like to rely on the random target skill.

Kaytee

02-07-2010

Ok this is to all the people sayng this guide blows and eve is a abd champ

For one yes eve is very very squishy even at 18 but thats where her ****ing stealth comes in. if your fleeing youve got a second and a half of enemies not hitting you to stealth that might not seem like a hard thig to do but after one attack you stop and have to start running again. also once your stealthed you got a 20-60 sec time period to GTFO. and thats where boots of mobility comes in. after 5 seconds you might as well atatch rokets to her high heels cause your gone. also yes once you got zhihonas or however its spelled you can nuke half an enemy champs hp with ravage and hes right tanks you cant solo till you got near max mejiahas. now there is only one thing i would correc about this guide and that is the sumoner spells. i would take exhaust and ignite exhaust because if you get a player like me that is willing to die for 500 tower damage there is no way they will survive tank or not because if they attack you the towers gonna want to make friends too. ignite because its an easy way to last hit and max mejiahas ASAP and to kill a champ and run letting them think they got away only to burn to death. ignore me if you want im not a big stealthy type i love tryndamere and blitzcrank.ok im done haterz can STFU because everything i just said makes perfect sense.

Anthony Giedos

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardragon View Post
I'm going to assume you're a competitive gamer and have played at least one game in an actual competitive scene.

You're going to learn someday that tier lists aren't the ultimate decider of who to play. Character's metagames progress BECAUSE people are playing them, not because everyone is only playing the top tier characters. It's fine that YOU only play top tier characters, but why do you care if not everyone is. Easier wins for you, right?

Also sometimes you play characters because you enjoy them or want a challenge against players you know are worse.
Man this forum REALLY has absolutely no moderation whatsoever does it?
Kat is not realy top teir anymore......

Zeyle

04-06-2010

Zhonya's now gives 120 AP

sTrikerT

04-09-2010

yes, its still a nice boost to the ap, btw anyone tried the active effect? 2 second invincible for eve sounds sick. cuz if you jump their carry(ashe, teemo, ryze....) before big fight and pop invincible as they focus you and your team charge in to rampage......possibilities

Ixsha

04-09-2010

is it only me or when you play a evelynn the game has wierd delays?

sometimes no matter how many times i click the floor it never moves my character

and it takes me 10 seconds to respond (chat, teleport, return, skills, movement.)

and this is making it unable for me to enjoy this character.

i'm new to evelynn but haven't been able to do a THING, i tried reconnecting and tweaked with my internet because it could have been the problem.. but it didn't fix anything, temporary fix is to stay away and never choose evelynn T_T

Saerjin

04-09-2010

@Ixsha Just you. been playing eve since the beginning with no problems.

--

One thing i've noticed over the past few weeks is the growing number of q dodgers seeing eve. I have a good +15 wins with her averaging 8-5-15 I in no way claim to be pro but average with evelynn.

Why do so many people continue to say oracles and wards break her? My argument against this is yes sometimes it can, if a tank gets oracles it can be hard however the stun can still be planted in group fights with a delay of 1-2 seconds prep time. As for wards, I scout a lot with eve, if I know or think there's a ward somewhere I can easily use it against them to pull 1-2 or even the entire team toward me, using cleanse/ghost/ult to escape and allow my team to either jump them, or push hard. Same for oracles if it's just 1-2 running around, bait them.

Granted this doesn't always work. However majority of the time it will.

Being a solo queuer I find it hard to enjoy the company of randoms with their current accusations.

In a game today I had ended with 10-6-18 4v5 (our ez dropped mid game) we still held on for a fair amount of time, the loss of our team mate held us back though as we were winning before his d/c.

In the end, yes eve could be reworked to be a better champion - however I don't see the major issue people have with her. Is is the fact that she can be extremely team reliant? Communication is key and she can be a great asset in scouting. Or that people take stealth for granted and seem kind of gung-ho? Meh.