[Guide]Evelyn - Ninja Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

feardragon

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
there's no reason to play a hero if you're going to get **** on once you get good enough to play with the big boys
I'm going to assume you're a competitive gamer and have played at least one game in an actual competitive scene.

You're going to learn someday that tier lists aren't the ultimate decider of who to play. Character's metagames progress BECAUSE people are playing them, not because everyone is only playing the top tier characters. It's fine that YOU only play top tier characters, but why do you care if not everyone is. Easier wins for you, right?

Also sometimes you play characters because you enjoy them or want a challenge against players you know are worse.
Man this forum REALLY has absolutely no moderation whatsoever does it?

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

updated mastery and gameplay secions

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

a trick i tried with evelynn: mid/late game, kill range creeps first with spike; wait until last melee creep is half hp, pop blue pill in sight. Melee creep dead, fog of war comes in, cancel pill and stealth. wait for the enemy champion to counter push thinking you are back at base.......Surprise!!

sTrikerT

11-09-2009

After reading and trying MrCygnus's guide, I took Nashor's Tooth from item build.The idea is to max dmg from mid to late game, so the cd on Spike helps.

I still insist lvl up Shadow walk first because Eve is a squishy hero and if they see you go stealth mode, they'll be alerted. A longer duration + longer stun + surprise element helps you and your team.

Sometimes you will try to follow a dying retreating hero after big fight and kill him while he blue pills in grass, real shame to be out of stealth because you only got lv 1 and 20 secs runs out.

Currently working on using movement speed to count elixir, what if you're fast enough to kill them before they react?

Argent Shaman

11-09-2009

Good read and interesting guide, I think I may give this a shot later tonight when I get off work.

sTrikerT

11-18-2009

Updates:

• slight change of skill build with abit more focus towards ravage
  • slight change of items build, add boots of mobility and void staff, confirm Rylai's
  • added counter oracle elixir section

Mindflay

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardragon View Post
I'm going to assume you're a competitive gamer and have played at least one game in an actual competitive scene.

You're going to learn someday that tier lists aren't the ultimate decider of who to play. Character's metagames progress BECAUSE people are playing them, not because everyone is only playing the top tier characters. It's fine that YOU only play top tier characters, but why do you care if not everyone is. Easier wins for you, right?

Also sometimes you play characters because you enjoy them or want a challenge against players you know are worse.
Man this forum REALLY has absolutely no moderation whatsoever does it?
+1

The biggest satisfaction lies in defeating oponent with SKILL, not HERO.

sTrikerT

01-01-2010

Updates:

• Changed Runes to include Crit Chance Marks
  • Changed Mastery to offense oriented
  • Changed Summoner spell to prioritize exhaust
  • Changed Skill build to interchange Stealth and Ravage correctly
  • Changed Items build to exclude mejai and include deathfire grasp
  • Added detail to the Distance section
  • Added detail to the Counter Oracle section

Happy New Year!

Basilisk9466

01-01-2010

Completely disregarding Mejai's is interesting. Unless you're dying a lot, it's easy to rack up a lot of AP with it on an assassin, and it's even more if you have Zhonya's late game. It's not something I'd necessarily take every game, but you can get a feel for the opposition while getting the first couple of items and decide where it's worth it. It's not exactly going to break the bank if you judge wrong, and you can always sell it...

The other item that I'd be tempted to try with her is Archangel's, thanks to the Hate Spike spam levelling it up fast. Bit more mana regen, all that... though it doesn't help with survivability.

Any thoughts on those two? I haven't played her for ages, and only did for one or two games, so my instincts and theorycrafting might be completely off.

sTrikerT

01-01-2010

The old mejai was perfect for eve and i was a big supporter of it.
The recent changes made it not as effective on her as before. Of course, for obvious noob stomping, it's still very good.

For starters, you spend 1435 gold to get base 20 AP. yes you will boost it later, but you saved 1.4k to get 20 AP.... all that time you lack serious damage.

Sheen cost 1260 and gives 200 mana which eve lacks, and provides a nuke which she can get fairly early in the game. It also upgrades into Lich Bane later.

Other thing is that Eve is a squishy hero, and any decent team would grab wards and oracle especially late game when big group pushes. Many times i face against 2 to 3 oracles at same time, I will have to die when they focus me after i kill their carry and let my teammates kill them, 1 for 3-4 tradeoff. With Mejai dying even once cuts your effectiveness down.

I've faced against other Eve with Mejai and after I personally focus her couple times, her damage just diminished because she loses the charges she built up for 30 min. Thats why I discarded Mejai from my build, I feel bad but had to.

I've never tried Archangel on Eve, I doubt it's effectiveness on her. With Archangel i see an Eve with excessive mana and no damage, and it cost almost 3k. Sheen + Zhonya provides 750 mana which is more than she needs.