[Guide]Evelyn - Ninja Style

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

10-20-2009

there's no reason to play a hero if you're going to get **** on once you get good enough to play with the big boys

boni

10-20-2009

Nice build. I just played a game with Evelynn with a friend (he was twitch. DEVASTING combo.) and I played it similar to your style. However I used a pretty different build:

1. Rush Tear
2. Boots of Mobility
3. Get Soulstealer. This really is a MUST.
4. Lich Bane
5. Tear->Archangels
6. Zhonyas Ring (didn't get to finish it. But got the 2 Blasting Wands)
+ throw in some health potions earlygame

As you see, I'm going mana first. After I finish the Tear I went straight for the Golem-Buff -> get back to lane and spam Spike. Mana wasn't a matter thanks to the golem buff, but it's really pushing your tear.

Boots of Mobility are simply awesome on Evelynn. I think I reached about 500MS with her ult. As the timer for going into non-combat-mode was lowered to 5 minutes you can use it offensively AND defensively. Stealth also helps this pretty much.
Best boots for roaming lanes.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

Quote:
Q: What are these diminishing movement returns? (Credit to Guinsoo)

A: For each point of movement you would have above 475, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 733, it would be reduced to 475 + (733-475)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 400, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 430, you would end with 400 + 30 * 0.8 = 424.
This is why Sorcerer's Shoes is enough. It provides same +2 speed as mobility normally, but it also increase your spell's damage. Boots of Mobility will increase your speed after 5 sec out of combat, your true strength lies in the few seconds in combat. With ult, the speed boost is enough for you to kill and run away, remember stealth has around 10 sec cooldown(with mastery) only. If you are out of combat, you can stealth and be safe; if you are being hit, Mobility effect won't kick in anyways.

Tear cost 980, but if only for mana you can get a sheen for 1260, which can be built into lich bane later.
As of mana concern, golem buff + lich bane is enough to sustain. Zhonya provides 500, lich is 350.
Her stealth + ravage cost 60+150= 210 mana. Archangel provide more than needed mana and delay zhonya's, which is much bigger boost to your damage.

SmecssRaege

10-20-2009

boot's of mobility helps you get to those ganks much faster though, before they become wary of your MIA and start playing more cautiously...time is a pretty important factor to consider when ganking =P

(thats why mobility boots are popular on basically any ganker hero.... katarina, twitch, evelynn in specific)

MrToasty

10-21-2009

Here's my favorite Eve build. It focuses on AP damg, and does not worry about mana as one can just get the golem buff or teleport back to refill. I usually hit 500+ AP late game, with about 300+ mid game

Socerer's Shoes
Mejai's Soulstealer (remember you get +5AP for assists now)
Zhonya's Ring

That combo will put you above 300+ mid game. If you are having trouble chasing, I HIGHLY recommend using Rylai's Scepter. Spamming Hate Spike is key. It slows any hero running away so you can continue to deal 200-300+ damg a spike.

I usually go Lich's Bane late game as after I have 450+ AP the opposing team is like WTF??? when I hit them twice as hard.

Personally, after playing Eve for about a month, I have to say lvl Hate Spike first to help get last shots on creeps to egenerate gold, then lvl ravage as it's your nuke. You only need one point in shadow walk as putting any more points in that skill do not increase damg, only stun by .25sec. Pretty worthless to lvl early if you need to kills to power up Mejai's Soulstealer.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

The point of this guide is to take advantage of Eve's only stun, 2 sec does make a difference.

Think this way: you are hitting creeps, suddenly an evelynn pop behind you, first instinct is to nuke/stun her. Your brain gives command and fingers take action immediately, all that can be done in 1 sec. Now with a 2 sec stun, you initial action is failed, to repeat that takes more time. Some people are confused because once the brain and the fingers take action, they assume it's being carried out.

Another way to look at it:
Shadow walk - increase stun time/lvl, stealth time/lvl
Ravage - increase damage/lvl, increase defense resist reduction/lvl
Hate Spike - increase damage by 15/lvl ............

Anyways, eve doesn't have enough mana to support spamming hate spike on creeps.

Look at Ravage: Reduce resistance from backstab, so it's encouraging strike from back using stealth.
a lvl 1 20 sec stealth doesn't give enough time to tag someone around.

Btw, an additional second of stun also means more normal attacks and another hate spike, and time for teammates to move in, or knock someone out of a big fight, so it does grant more damage. Eve shouldn't stand there exchange hatespike with enemy, its stun, nuke, spike, chase/retreat to stealth. Either they die or at half hp, go back after stealth, another stun combo.

sic2214

10-21-2009

just imagine if this wasnt a 5v3....

dreamenddischarger

10-21-2009

just imagine if you played a competent team

Katalystik

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
>not a ninja
>implying I play gangplank
Whose Abby on MySpace? :P

Splits

10-21-2009

I like Evelynn, played her exclusively for a fair amount of games and i ran into this problem:

Early game you gotta be REALLY careful if laned against ranged. It can be frustrating.

Mid game you become increasingly powerful, and if you haven't died, can get a big streak of kills.

Late game is when things start to wind down. At this point without perfect placing and amazing patience, you will get stomped constantly. You really have to sit behind a team fight and pick off stragglers, or wait for someone to exhaust and then Ravage their defenses down even more. Even some squishies, have enough armor/resist and or HP to not be threatened TOO much by a full HP gank attempt. There just seems to be more viable options out there. LIke twitch.

A properly played Twitch can destroy any player from full HP down to nothing quickly.

123456 ... 7