Is there a God/Gods of LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorRush

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Tear_of_the_Goddess
Few are fortunate enough to come across the tears of the very goddess who created our world... but those who are lucky enough to acquire a Tear of the Goddess may take pleasure in a significant boost of mana points and mana points regeneration.
There's also the ancient lore for Tear of the Goddess. Apparently Runeterra used to have a creator goddess, and there's still a trace of her in game.

Besides that, the Solari worship the sun. That's not quite the same, but the concept is similar. Some champions, like Renekton, Nasus, Anivia, and Brand are also the embodiment of something, similar to dieties.

TheGreatBoner

03-17-2012

There is a place for it in lore. Kayle is an angel, and her sister Morgana is a fallen angel. Malzahar is a prophet. Udyr is a mystic which implies some form of deity or polytheism. It's plausible

Pyrozen

03-17-2012

Jesse Perring.

I believe this thread has come to an end.

PlayGooYa

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRush View Post
There's also the ancient lore for Tear of the Goddess. Apparently Runeterra used to have a creator goddess, and there's still a trace of her in game.

Besides that, the Solari worship the sun. That's not quite the same, but the concept is similar. Some champions, like Renekton, Nasus, Anivia, and Brand are also the embodiment of something, similar to dieties.
Nasus and Renekton are brothers from an alien race from a different world. Read the lore. Renekton is a kind of racial supremacist that wants to view his race as godlike while Nasus does not.

Jaykoboy

03-17-2012

I think Renekton (this is part of his actual-ish lore, implied by Nasus's lore) is delusional and believes he's a god, although he's not quite god-like.

belthazor3457

03-17-2012

Malzahar's the prophet of the void. They must look at the void master as a demi-god at the least.

Ionia, I think, has a sum of spiritualism / shamanism, possibly animism, I'd need to remember.

Yordles think they're from Spess.

Fenix12345

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
Malzahar's the prophet of the void. They must look at the void master as a demi-god at the least.

Ionia, I think, has a sum of spiritualism / shamanism, possibly animism, I'd need to remember.

Yordles think they're from Spess.
"What's your religeon?"
"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!! !"

Satarrus

03-18-2012

Wasn't Soraka a god before the whole Warwick curse deal? it's not quite how you mean it but meh.

Pyrozen

03-18-2012

Jesse Perring is the God of LoLism.

Now go learn Hokuto no Lee Sin as a good zealot.

Prankenstein

03-18-2012

I thought jax was the god