Is there a God/Gods of LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAwesomanator

03-16-2012

are there any gods or god that we know of? ( need to know for a champion concept)
Please help!

Ask Talon

03-16-2012

Not that I am aware of.

Necromonger

03-16-2012

Riot lore usually stays away from these sorts of issues, at least to my knowledge.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromonger View Post
Riot lore usually stays away from these sorts of issues, at least to my knowledge.
With good reason. To confirm or deny the existence of a higher power in the League would cause some crazy right-wing christian groups to go all up in arms.

mn

03-16-2012

the closest official thing we have to "gods" is whatever Malzahar is the prophet of. I have a full on, unofficial background story for a few of these "gods" that are hanging out in the void. It ties into the current void based champion's lore and even brings in a cancelled champion for ****s and giggles.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn View Post
the closest official thing we have to "gods" is whatever Malzahar is the prophet of. I have a full on, unofficial background story for a few of these "gods" that are hanging out in the void. It ties into the current void based champion's lore and even brings in a cancelled champion for ****s and giggles.
Cthulu. Nuff said.

November Anon

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trinity View Post
Yeah I think the idea of religion could dramatically affect a game's flow and all that. Would much rather have it that there's no religion in LoL.
I wouldn't go so far to say that religion should never appear - merely that any of the actual deities should. Deity worship is fine so long as the deities don't magically appear and start messing with the League's tenuous balance on the whole Valoran power struggle. If some random fish/man/star thingy wants to worship [insert cliche god name here], then fine, just don't have the god appear.

Fenix12345

03-16-2012

Nope, none officially. The closest thing would either be Void cults or reffering to actual Rioters as demi-godish thingamawhatsitsmagigies.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

Right here.

Keiji Cupcakes

03-17-2012

I've actually written a story about how the league is actually a testing ground for people who are capable of ascending to deityhood, and it was pretty well received, I'll bump the first part into the front page for you.)