In Development

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-20-2009
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomad View Post
soon = before/at/after release? :>
A little of both.

Pendragon

10-20-2009
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Korp View Post
Ranked play will be broken into two different types. There will be 2 separate matchmaking pools for these groups: solo/2-man, and 5-man.

From the way this sounds plus the two lines undernearth it going into further detail are we not going to be allowed to play 3 man pre mades? I know 2 man premades are probably more common and have less impact on the game but I almost always play 3 man.
5v5 ranked will only be like this initially. We'll see what happens afterwards.

Pendragon

10-20-2009
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellshaper View Post
Please Riot make sure that VoIP can be turned off comepletely. Not only to save bandwith, but also some of us dont want to hear kids screaming in game.
The VoIP experience will be completely opt-in

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

I'm so happy ^^ I like all of them, but the one that really excites me are the new maps. Oh, PLEASE do make maps that allow both 2v2 combats and a diversity in strategy (box-sized maps as well as larger ones). It doesn't sound very competitive now, but who knows, maybe we'll have box tournaments one day? When I played DotA I played 2v2 the most and I believe a lot of people are fans of this mode ^^

Corvus Corax

10-20-2009

Replays, observer mode and VoIP ! More than I would ask for at once.
I know its gonna take a long time and need lots of work. Still good to know that Riot is gonna be supporting the game long after release. (Lots of promises just before the launch.)

BTW I like the current HUD, whats wrong with it? Hmm I wonder how the new one's gonna look like..

MajorX17

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
Replays, observer mode and VoIP ! More than I would ask for at once.
I know its gonna take a long time and need lots of work. Still good to know that Riot is gonna be supporting the game long after release. (Lots of promises just before the launch.)

BTW I like the current HUD, whats wrong with it? Hmm I wonder how the new one's gonna look like..
This thread has some info on the new HUD.

Cyrot3k

10-20-2009

any plans on impelement more maps (maybe with some different goals, like hero arena etc, just look at the wc3 herobased funmaps), cause always the same one gets really fast really boring. just one new map after months wont change that.

any more modes than draft? like random? or "sd"?

dont keep implement every patch one or two new heros, there already enough. concentrate more on things for variety and long time motivation. just implementing new heros wont change that.

oh, and btw, pls make voip just optional. not like hon, i hate to hear 13 years old kids talking about there girlfriends while i play.

and btw, such stuff like replay etc shoudve been implementet pre release and not after :/
but after years of playing f2p games iam acclimatized to that, that most of the basic stuff gets implementet after release :/

just 2 fast questions:

does the map, after u implementet more than this one + its twin actually, change "random" on ranked games or do u need to choose it before u start looking for a matchup?
and how woud it be if u implement "funmaps" that cant be played for elo and are just for fun and variety?

used a dictionary to write that, so sorry if u dont understand a word xD

Karbon

10-20-2009

<3 Riot. VoIP for the win. That's the only thing HoN had over LoL, now its no contest.

And to head off the attacks from the haters who will say HoN's graphics are better, the correct answer is the graphics are DIFFERENT STYLES. Its like saying that Blizzard's games are not as good because their graphics are stylized... its asinine.

ÇatsÇatsÇats

10-20-2009

In addition to draft mode, can we please please PLEASE have all random? Would probably work best if each team has a random hero from each of the 5 categories. This seems so easy to implement I'm surprised it hasn't been added already.

Fallen 62

10-20-2009

With teams/clans, are you going to be able to be in more than one clan too? And what sort of rank system will you have for clans...?