Jax Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pvntheon

08-01-2010

Hi, I've been playing Jax for awhile now and i can't seem to get over his squishyness. In all team fights, it's as though I am the first and sometimes ONLY one to die. Can someone please help me out with a tank Jax guide for this patch, all the guides I've looked at on this forum are mostly outdated. Thanks in advance.

Duke The Pasta

08-01-2010

get tabis, guinsoos, then stack armor or ap resistance

VENUMB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Start Dorans ring or Dorans shield. Depends on whether you have a healing buddy and how much pressure you expect them to put on you in laning phase.

-get boots 1 and guinsoos as fast as humanly possible
here theres alot more options:
-atmas impaler and a vampiric scepter (you don't have to upgrade it into anyhting right away, just a plain scepter is useful on its own) are usually youre next priorities
-GA makes you incredibly hard to deal with when its up. the problem being if theres a teamfight while its down it can leave you wishing you had a different item
-elixirs elixirs elixirs
-nashors tooth might be good, it's certainly great on Kayle, but I think Jax wants to focus a little more on attack damage. I would certainly try it out but it's not a staple.
-mercury treads or ninja tabi depending on their team comp: honestly I think you usually want merc treads considering how few autoattacking heros there are in the meta
-banshees veil if you're facing a tonne of CC
-I don't like phantom dancer on anyone due to its high cost and generally being inefficient, the dodge on Jax really seems apealing but once again there aren't many auto attackers in the meta (I think theres Kayle and Trist...Ashe and Ez aswell but they mainly spam their Qs)
-trinity force is supposedly good, I don't like it in general but I can see it being good on Jax
-don't forget elixirs: they turn you into a rape machine

KavikaDestroyer

08-01-2010

I think your problem may be that you're jumping in too early. It's super easy to get caught out of position with Jax due to you people loving to hop in with leap strike. You hop into the fray then get CC'd and blown up, not good. Instead, walk up to people and be cautious and look for the perfect opportunity to leap strike after the team fight has started.

What I'm saying is that people know who jax is and are looking out for you. Make them wait and you'll be able to do some more damage. Another benefit to timing your jump is that you'll have some nice guinsoo/ultimate attack speed built up so you can really cause some havoc.

Duke The Pasta

08-01-2010

Yeah play jax like you'd play yii in team fights.. go in attack, stun, get as much dps as you can then faulter back unless the team is already on the run. Then once you get back 'JUMP' back in and do the same. If it's 1on1 you shd never really have a problem ganking

rEkcAh

08-01-2010

if you build right your fine, do not initiate unless you have a lot of health and you aren't being targeted. Allow the battle to start then pick off highest dps/healer and spam stun and empower and use leap to pick off runners. Also its good to dodge a shot then jump in so you can stun right away.