Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Catalyst the protector is too cheap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

Recruiter

10-19-2009

catalyst the protector = 450 gold, total cost = 1325
400 health, 325 mana

ingredients:
Ruby crystal = 475 gold
200 health

Sapphire Crystal = 400 gold
200 mana

Issue #1
Sapphire crystal should be a bit more expensive, i'd say 40 gold more. (room for health potion)

Issue #2
Catalyst the protector should be 500 gold, so the total cost goes up by 90 gold.

Issue #3
Banshee's Veil might be more balanced with 25 less hp, closer to innervating locket.

Bloog

10-21-2009

Catalyst is a very good item, and I get it fairly often, and I really don't think it's too cheap. Building a veil / rod of the ages seems to take long enough as it is...

Faro

Recruiter

10-21-2009

Catalyst feels really cheap if you get first blood before 5 minutes. Otherwise it feels like it comes in after you'd get most of the benefit anyway.

ERazER

10-21-2009

Btw, it should refill 400/325 HP/mana on level up instead of 425/325, since it provides a 400/325 bonus, since the HP nerf.

The Senate

Recruiter

10-21-2009

SHHH SHHHH SHH STOP NO DON'T SAY THAT SHH

Catalyst is like a best kept secret.