Dominion Article on massively

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaxtenn

03-17-2012

I think the best thing they could do to prepare Dominion for ranked is raise bans to 10.

They aren't going to balance individual champions for Dominion (Yorick and Karthus don't really count). I'd love if they would, because **** Rammus, but I don't see it happening. Ban-tier, which floats above top-tier, comprises about 10 champions - so they could sidestep the problem of balancing them by just letting people ban out Wukong, Poppy, Kassadin, Rammus, Pantheon, and Shaco every game, then a couple more choice bans, rather than not having enough bans for all these champs and needing to play one, not because you want to play it, but so it doesn't get played against you.

AbsolutePK

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
I think the best thing they could do to prepare Dominion for ranked is raise bans to 10.

They aren't going to balance individual champions for Dominion (Yorick and Karthus don't really count). I'd love if they would, because **** Rammus, but I don't see it happening. Ban-tier, which floats above top-tier, comprises about 10 champions - so they could sidestep the problem of balancing them by just letting people ban out Wukong, Poppy, Kassadin, Rammus, Pantheon, and Shaco every game, then a couple more choice bans, rather than not having enough bans for all these champs and needing to play one, not because you want to play it, but so it doesn't get played against you.
Raising the ban count just sounds counterproductive. If they ever did care for applying a competitive Dominion, they would seriously need to re-balance champions specificly for Dominion. However like you mentioned that's never going to happen.

Almost as stupid as straight up disabling champions from Dominion.

Stralucire

03-17-2012

Well, realistically, the only champs who are truly problematic in a design sense are the ones who have vastly different successes between SR and Dom. Poppy, for instance. Can't buff, because of Dom; can't nerf, because of SR. Outside of these scenarios, there's no valid reason to claim, "Riot won't nerf this champ because of SR."

I think Riot is trying to approach balance in a safe way. Look at the recent Rammus changes, for instance. A light touch is about all they can get away with.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

They did claim they would balance using the items and dominion aura... of course they didnt even try to after the first few months, not like it desperately needs it since bans take care of the trully broken champs, but still, a little attention wouldnt hurt

Shaxtenn

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Raising the ban count just sounds counterproductive. If they ever did care for applying a competitive Dominion, they would seriously need to re-balance champions specificly for Dominion. However like you mentioned that's never going to happen.

Almost as stupid as straight up disabling champions from Dominion.
I think the only way they could do it is to split champions in two, and give them slightly different kits on Summoner's Rift and Dominion. eg. Dominion Kassadin has a longer cooldown on his ultimate, Dominion Rammus's Powerball doesn't go as fast or last as long, Dominion Wukong and Jarvan don't shred as much armour with their Qs.

But I don't see this ever happening.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing99 View Post
why is ahri on your list.

i guess all i play is bot, and a ahri bot is a joke waiting to get steamrolled.
Really? Because I almost always stomp the living **** out of bot with Ahri, even post nerf.

Even against the big boys like Malzahar and Yorick, why is she bad? She's actually really... really REALLY good at it.

But we all have differing opinions, almost everyone is viable in some way on Dominion in the end.

Volandum

03-25-2012

I see there's a new article up about bottom lane matchups. So is Ahri a pusher or assassin?

Degnared

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
I see there's a new article up about bottom lane matchups. So is Ahri a pusher or assassin?
(I'm not an Ahri player, so take this with a grain of salt, but...)

Ahri's role depends on whether she's top or bot.

Bot, she's a good counterpick to melee heroes (Nasus, Yorick, Skarner), because she can push and harass all day without being in much danger. A good Ahri will also hold up against most casters. She's a bit like Maoki in some respects: safe against most lanes, excellent against some.

Top, she fills a similar role to Brand or Lux: Heavy AoE damage with CC.

inFe eD

03-25-2012

This guy takes Elementz tier list seriously, or any tier list seriously for that matter. I didn't even bother reading the rest of the article I second I read the word 'tier'.

Emeraldw

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
She isn't an assassin. This debate happened when she came out, but she is not an assassin like akali or nocturne.

She is a mage, with decent pushing power. Not the best but not fantastic. What makes Ahri good bot is that she has excellent sustain and can escape ganks better than most bots with her ult. Like ziggs though, she has to make a choice between pushing and harrassing.

I like Ahri better going top. Her kiting ability, long range poke and good burst all make her excellent for going top.