Dominion Article on massively

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emeraldw

03-15-2012

So massively has been posting a lot about dominion....Here's another!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...dy-for-ranked/

It is an interesting read and the title is not as it would appear. If anything he makes an argument for ranked.

I do agree with him on one thing, most of the cast is really good or useful on dominion.

Psi21

03-15-2012

I don't agree with this part of the article.

Quote:
Dominion isn't balanced because of Falcon... erm, Rammus

Unlike Summoner's Rift, Dominion's viable champion list is huge. Although I suspect it will shrink a little as the game gets more and more "figured out," I can list around 60 champions that have "overpowered advantages" on Dominion. I'm also of the firm belief that Tier 1 is much larger, probably composed of half that number. Although there is no pro scene to analyze, the high-level Dominion experts vary tremendously in their opinions. Some still believe that Akali is Tier 1 despite her nerfs. Some think Heimerdinger is practically god tier. Some think Gangplank is undisputably the best character. I happen to disagree with all of these things, but what these differences of opinion tell me is that the top level of play has a lot of diversity.
There is a definite small top tier of dominion champs which consists of Kassadin, Yorick, Poppy, Urgot and Rammus.

Kiddalee

03-15-2012

Riot may be more concerned with the size of the God tier than with the small size of the "bad" tier.

Emeraldw

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post

There is a definite small top tier of dominion champs which consists of Kassadin, Yorick, Poppy, Urgot and Rammus.
He makes special mention of Rammus and Kassadin.

Rammus is spot on S tier, Kass less so but his point about mobility is true. Poppy I can see being an issue but I actually haven't seen Poppy's soloing teams in Dominion.

Urgot and Yorick are by no means S tier in dominion though. Good, but certainly not game breaking.

But as long as we have enough bans to get the problems out of the way, balance isn't that bad.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:

What ****ing "top players" has he been talking to? Anyone who analysed the NESL tourny, or asked players from it, would not get any of the responses he seems to think are "common"

So confused by stupidity in this

Osensei

03-16-2012

Quote:

And alot of us wont agree with you either. You forgot eve, twitch, jax, ahri, blitz, yi, shaco, wukong.

Graogg

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osensei View Post
And alot of us wont agree with you either. You forgot eve, twitch, jax, ahri, blitz, yi, shaco, wukong.
And kog, dont forget kog.

ProSauce VT

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graogg View Post
And kog, dont forget kog.
And Irelia, dont forget Irelia. >.>

Hawkwìng

03-17-2012

why is ahri on your list.

i guess all i play is bot, and a ahri bot is a joke waiting to get steamrolled.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

dw, his list is pretty bad, only wukong actually gets banned, sometimes.